What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see some pictures

• Thread starter Travis
  • Start date
I do not have any pets but I ran across a gardner snake near my house so here is the first picture:

Its new name PhotoFlop!

travis

where is the pic? all I see is club photo.
confused.gif

Clubphoto.com strikes again
sad.gif

Here's Travis's garter snake pic:

13378609-6ace-028001E0-.jpg

He's kinda cute
smile.gif
.  I'll have to post a picture of my daughter's garter snake.

Very nice solid coloration. Looks like a ribbon snake though, are you in the Eastern Part of the US? Thanks-Zach

I am from MI - pretty sure it is a Gardner snake. I have roughly five of them around my house just never had the right opportunity to get a group shot.

Thanks BCK for posting my picture
smile.gif
-much appreciated.

travis

Here is a photo of a Southern Leopard Frog that has made his home in an aole vera plant in my greenhouse.
frog.jpg

No problem Travis.   Glad I could help.  I need to figure out how to post slightly larger pictures though.  So far I can only get the 512x384 size, which is just about the right size.

Here's a picture of my daughter's garter snake, Kalin.  She didn't want to sit still for this picture and i kept having to move my hand around to get a good shot, such as it is.

13380681-1fe1-02000180-.jpg

She is very gentle and always wraps around your fingers and then starts checking everything out around her.

Magore, what kind of aloe plant is that? It looks like one I have in a large flower pot in my back yard. So far it's survived a couple nights (unprotected) with temps in the high 20°F to low 30°F range and about 2 weeks worth of nights down to the low 30°F to high 40°F range. It's one tuff hombre!

BCK,

Nice garter there, looks like a Checkered, but im not 100% sure. How long is it? Whats it eating? When i had some, I never could get mine to be calm like yours lol, mine would musk on me and the works lol

Here's some pics of one of my Desert Hairys (Hadrurus arizonensis)
desert_hairy.jpg

Here's a pics of him/her glowing under blacklight  
biggrin.gif

glowing_scorp.jpg

Thanks Zach,

She is about 20" long.  I was leaning toward her being a wandering garter, but after looking at the checkered garter snake, I think you may be right.

So far we, my daughter and I, have fed it several earthworms and are thinking about trying fish filets and canned crickets to help round out her diet a bit.  We have had her about a month and my daughter loves to hold and talk to her
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Larry, that black light pic is wild!
wow.gif
wow.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

About feeding of your garter. Don't feed it fish filets thats were frozen/thawed, etc. They lack vital nutrients. Try live fish is you want to get fishy. Canned crickets seemd to have failed with one of my herps (Bearded Dragon). If possible, try feeding the snake live or dead mice, for a snake your size, try a dead fuzzy or pinkie. Good luck-Zach

One of my many pets in my yard...

Lizard_Palm_web.jpg

Zach -

I'm rather surprised that you have problems getting your Bearded Dragons to eat canned crickets. My adult pair will eat them right out of my hand by the dozens! If you want to give them another try, I know that Phillip and Jeff are carrying ZooMed's Can-o-Crickets (I should...I get the crickets for them
smile.gif
), or I'll be glad to help.

This is one of the baby geckos. Hes was about two weeks old in this pic..

jpg.jpg

Here is Lulu the water dragon......

jpg.jpg

This guy is a cuban tree frog I brought home from the garden center I work at.........

jpg.jpg

I got pics of the other critters somewhere........

That is a wicked picture of that scorpion, Larry!
wow.gif
Those lizards are soo cute.

travis
smile.gif

Thanks Travis, it sure wasn't easy. He was moving around a lot trying to climb the glass.
wink.gif

Hey Larry, my family has a dog that loves to eat scorpions, and considering my experience, I would be glad to lend her to you!
smile.gif
jk...

cool pic... but I hate them things... It's one thing to havem behind glass... but running around your home... no... just no.

the baby gecko is adorable!

hey larry

do you leave that blacklight on your scorpion alot?? i hope not cause they will slowly die. the UV rays put out by the blacklight are like those put out by the sun and the sun is deadly to scorpions. its basically like humans and sun, if we are exposed to the sun or UV rays for too long, our skin and eyes get damages and eventually develope cancer. scorpions are the same way, but even more sensitive. ive had scorpions die because of blacklights. i no longer expose them under blacklights for amusement. i just thought id let ya know. well, have a great day larry and everyone else.

-josh

Alaska (with the exception of SouthEast) only has one amphibian and no reptiles... so here's the amphibian
smile.gif
It's a Wood Frog that was in my back yard this summer..
13701621-9fbe-020001AB-.jpg

Josh, no, its a portable blacklight that I pull out once in a blue moon for demonstration purposes only
smile.gif

A couple minutes doesn't seem to bother them.

Back