What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I lost my ball python

I lost my 2 foot ball python yesterday , he was on my desk while I was on the computer and just crawled away , i was too busy to notice and when i figured out it was too late . i looked for him everywhere in my room , in my closet which is a good place for a snake since there was nothing but bags and boxes of clothes . I still have'nt found him and he has never been gone this long beofre , i've only lost him 5 times in his life . I hope he does'nt crap on anything , I fed him a really big rat 2 days ago . I hope i find him soon , I can't live with otu him .
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Ok, what you want to do is find a shallow dish about this high

-
-
-
-

put a small blind pinky in it, let it sit there in the middle of the room, and soon the snake may come out. And/or put a heatpad in the middle of the room also. My albino cornsnake found a way outta its cage once, I did this and about 5 hours later there she was.
Kevin

my ball python is not that type of snake , he does not like pinkies or dead rats . I need to look for him , he could be anywhere .

If your ball python isnt attracted to a nice pinkie, then i dont know what kinda snake you have lol. In the wild, ball pythons and many other snakes perfer to devour easier to capture/kill/swallow prey, such as a baby mouse in this case. Pinkies work well for stubborn feeders because they lack a very high domestic rodent odor, yet the smell is strong enough to attract, as it does to my milks. Try searching for him first, but Kevin's idea is very good, i have done that once with my first lost mexican milksnake, and that worked.

About feeding live: I know its cool to watch a snake eat live rodents
smile.gif
, but becareful, especially with live "large" rats, as they can fight back. At the petstore where i get my herp food, etc, i once saw a nice lare pueblan milk that was maulled by small adult mouse; it was scarred and everything! So just becareful. It would help to feed it dead, as it minimizes any accidents, and its much humane. Just try a frozen/thawed rat once and if he refuses, you can always feed it to a large nice nepenthes
wink.gif

Yes, it is always good to be careful with live adult prey, my albino cornsnake hits the live adult mice, without them knowing what hitit, so im fine thier, shes 3 feet long, and they are 4 inches long, my little one eats barely blind food, so i have it all worked out.
Kevin

btw, goldtrap, if you dont at least try it, its probably going to get away, it will find a way, and if it doesnt work youlook real hard, if it dies, and you dont find it, it could stink really bad!!!!Especially in a heating vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin

I'll tell you for as long as i lived i have seen things disapear without a trace for example , I went fishing and caught a carp and put it in my fish tank , nezt day i wake up it was gone , the lid was on as it looked like it was never touched and I looked everywhere , I moved furniture and everything and still it has not been found , thatw as 7 months ago and I smell no stinky corps . all I remember was hearing a loud splash and I checked but at that moment it was till in it tank . i hear in chines folklore that if you catch a golden carp with deep red colored tell , it is the magiacl one
confused.gif
. well anyways i will try your teqnuiqe to catch him , i believe he is no longer in my room because i woud've seen him by now . about feeding live muse , yes I am very careful when I do as i have had experianced with things that bite back . i had a hamster and it was very ill ,( did i tell you that this was on new years eve ) i could'nt uthinize him in any way so i fed him to my snake , he had a little energy left and the hamster gave him a small scratch near his neck . if I don't find him in a one more week I'm gettin my self a new one and namin him regis the second .

maybe it died (the carp) and your freind/parents threw it away so you wouldn't be sad..

this sounds really dumb, but you could take a live adult mouse, tie a string really tight to the tail, (almost to the point it's boring into the flesh), and let it run around the house! just like fishing! (I'm not trying to be funny.
sad.gif
)

I hope you find him.......
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

edit: maybe your arrowana ate the carp

no that did not happen , the carp just disappeared without a trace . i'll try to find him , I won't give up .

I'd post a few pics of him but i don't know how

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS OF HIM ON YOUR COMP?(IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ONLINE, JUST IN A FILE ON YOUR COMP OR SOMETHING)

yes , i do have them on the comp but i don't know how to post them on the internet , i still hav truble usin it on the aim .

I FOUND HIM , I FOUND HIM !!!!!!!!!! I was having about a reunion with all my friends from elementary school and then i felt a slick movement on side of my stomach . i wroke and i knew it had to be him and it was him . I was so amazed , he must have been looking for a warm part in my room and he found it near mt stomach . it was 10:20 and he seemed ok , he looked thinner but when i lost he was fed wit a big rat . I wanted to tell everybody so I ran to the kitchne , i forgot that my brothers and mom had to go to schools and the minute i did'nt suspect it he crapped on me , my pajamas , oh well , this was only the second time he did this and i was so happy to see him that i did'nt get . I wonder where regis was all this time .

a lil update , I have lost him about 2 times after that but found him . spectablis when i had my carps i did'nt have my arowan . second my carp was about 2 feet long.

OH NO I LOST HIM AGAIN , iwas sitting on my comp desh and he was on the back of my chair and he crawled away . i hope i find him .

Oh no! you lost regis again?!? darn... I sure hope you find him

Dude Im gonna tell you the same thing I tell my 2 year old, if you are going to have them out you need to keep an eye on them. When you are done put them back you cant just leave them around like toys!
tounge.gif

She does the same thing when playing with thier food the rats ugh I find them in my bed YUCK in cupboards you name it. I thought the cat took off once it was gone for a whole day aparently she shut it in a drawer.
The snakes I dont let her play with unsupervised since she is only 2.
I dont know what else to tell ya aside from good luck and I hope you find him quick.

goldtrap, you should look after your snake more, you shouldn't leave it out. w/o you supervising it or it's gonna escape.
sad.gif

i agree with finnish kid, i dont think you deserve to have a snake
mad.gif

Back