What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Herps

Hey guys,

What kind of herps do you guys have out there? How many also? I have a small collection of: 1 Inland Bearded Dragon, 1 Mexican Milksnake (annulata), 1 stink pot turtle, 2 Chinese Emperor newts.

nice!!! I want a fire belly newt.... I have 2 cornsnakes, 1 box turtle, 1 african fat tail gecko, 1 leopard gecko,
Kevin

I only have one herp, even if I am almost expert at reptiles LOL
biggrin.gif
 My only herp is a VERY healthy, VERY big male leopard gecko that I love to death! *His* name is ''Autumn''. I know I know! He's a *he*, but he got the name Autumn when I bought him. The guy a the pet shop said *he* was a *she*, and I bought him on the first day of autumn that year in September. *He* was only a tiny 4'' long baby and at that age was hard to sex. So, I brought *him* home to a welcoming, ten gallon cage and put him in. Eventually, after a few months, he stopped all eating and pooping, so I got real worried that maybe he was contsipated, which could be fatal. So I brought him to another pet shop and the guy felt his belly to see if he felt like he was constipated, and he wasn't, he was just in a growth spurt and that he should start eating and pooping again soon, which he later did. BUT, the second he turned him over to feel his belly, he informed me that *she* was a *he* LOL
tounge.gif
But I kept the name because I got him on the first day of Autumn anyways. If it wasn't for that, I wouldv'e renamed him ''Toyota'' I think LOL.
biggrin.gif

That was all a year and a half ago, and now Autumn is almost nine inches long, an inch wide, very healthy, eats six ADULT crickets every other night, and lives in a twenty gallon long tank!

Hey, i just got a small female leopard gecko for christmas. It is my one and only herp right now, due to space restrictions. Still pretty young, but she loves to bite me LOL. I would like to get more some day when i have more room for them.

My baby is an Anole. She had 3 babies but I gave them back to the pet store (sort of wish I kept them now). I'm researching for a Mountain Lizard in the future.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ktulu @ Jan. 10 2003,05:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, i just got a small female leopard gecko for christmas.  It is my one and only herp right now, due to space restrictions.  Still pretty young, but she loves to bite me LOL.  I would like to get more some day when i have more room for them.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
LOL Autumn never bites at all!
smile.gif

Two fire-bellied...
smile.gif

newt.JPG

Lucky!!!! I want one really bad, the local petstore has a few, but they dont look that good...............

Firebellies are the bomb! Had a pair awhile back for about 4 years, then they died together (later found out that they got too hot on summer). They do great in a semi-aquatic terrai, with a bit of floating land for a dry spot. Don't keep too hot.

One reverse-alamenistic/alibino leopard gecko (Eublapharis Macularis) very fat girl named ALBY
biggrin.gif
(get it, albino?
confused.gif
wink.gif
) I know tons about all types, I want a ball python (Python Regius) and I'm getting five Rana Pipiens

I have a 2 foot ball python named regis , I had him since the summer of 2000 , got him from housten texas .

U got a ball python from Houston? What store?

I have a 4' albino corn snake a Tucson banded gecko and a Savannah monitor. The fewest herps I've had in years

I have a 3 toed box turtle. I used to be more into herps but they have sort of taken a step back to CPs now. I'm desperately trying to get the local treefrogs interested in my nep plants that I have growing outside. So far it's a no-go, but I'm sure that once I get more hiding spaces around my plants I'll be crawling in frogs!
smile.gif

Jœl

1.1 Jackson chameleons 1.0 Veild chameleon 0.1 Leopard gecko my favorite she's so cool!, 1.0 rubber boa 0.1 Common boa 1.2 australian water dragons 0.1 snow cornsnake 1.1 Zonata kingsnakes 0.1 Mali Uromastyx 1.0 Savannah Monitor 0.1 Ornate Nile monitor 1.0 Lawson's Bearded Dragon.
Key
-----
M.F
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

1.1 zonata!? How do you have a pair? By your profile, you are in CA, so im guessing these are the zonata aglama (as those are the only legal ones for sale, i think) Where did you get yours?

I'm not sure of species I caught it 15 miles out of San Jose last year Early Summer. 2001 fall I had found old skin sheds so I came back again and found about 5 but I picked the brightest male and female and let the others go took them to the vet later and had them checked out they're doing fine now.

:edit: Rubber boa was caught in my band teachers back yard along with some salamanders but I don't really like amphibians 'xcept dart frogs I'm expecting a shipment soon.

I have 3 ball pythons
smile.gif

i got a Tokay Gecko yesterday! Real friendly, and you dont see that with them!
Kevin

Back