What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convicts...

Hello,
     Does anyone have experiance in growing convict cichlids? I got a breeding pair on Saturday, there in a 30 gallon fish tank alone with no other fish. I put 2 caves in their tank for them to lay eggs in. Can anyone give me suggestions on growing them? Thanks in advance
-Spec

With convicts, you don't have to do anything. They are increadably easy to breed.

Just make sure you give them something to direct thier aggression towards while they are breeding and are with fry.
Rainbow Fish work great with Convicts.

Aww, convicts. I love these guys. I use to breed them, had hundreds of babies. Couldn't give them away fast enough.
tounge.gif
I love the metallic orange on the females. They are easy to breed. I use a sideways ceramic flower pot, never fails. After the deed is done, you can remove the male, he's not needed after that. 30 gallons is a bit big for 1 pair of convicts. 10 gallons would suffice.

convicts will breed in a cup of water. I like to call them water rodents. Great fish though.

Just because YOU can doesnt mean everyone else SHOULD.

biggrin.gif

Back