User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worlds larges snake ever caught!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the pic:Park Puts World's Longest Snake on Show

I always read the "Oddly Enough" section of Yahoo! news.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mom reads that sometimes.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fact, I read it in the paper this morning.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World's largest Snake according to this article the snake was originally longer. It was estimated to be 62 ft long before they had to amputate part of the tail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] The idea that snakes are maneaters is nonsense. No known snake (well, before this one) can get its mouth around an adult human. We have shoulders that just stick out at the wrong angle.
    Anacondas have been documented to eat SMALL CHILDREN, but not adults. Schloaty
    I saw this story on FOX news this morning. It showed a one minute film clip of this thing slithering around.
    Schloaty, I defer to your knowledge of reptiles. However, I would not suggest testing your theory about them not being able to eat an adult human...982 pounds...you had better have VERY broad shoulders. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

There is an area in Brazil that the nick name for large pythons is "Bull killer". Red deer are their natural prey and they are only slightly smaller than our whitetails.

Hand feeding this 50 footer could spoil your whole day. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Here's another article on the same snake.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3845750/
    I don't know how to make an active link, unless this does it by itself, you'll have to cut&paste.
    Not into snakes myself, I got this from a friend who knows I'm not terribly fond of them. cute :-[
    That article by allosaurz says that the snakes will break antlers on deer in order to swallow them head first. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALLOSAURZ,
    I'm disinclined to beleive the amputation part....62' down to 49'? That's 13' (21%) of the overall length of the snake...I'm not sure at a) it could live through that or b) the stump would be as thin as pictured that far "up" the snake.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 6 months ago an Australian herpetologist came here (Indonesia) to write a book about Idonesian herps and he asked me to go romping around in the jungle with him looking for herps, which I was very happy to do. The only reason I don't keep any myself is my wife doesn't like them.

Anyway, back to the herp dude... we went to the Bali Reptile park where they had (it has since died) a 40+ foot python and this guy told me that there is basically no limit, as far as he can tell, as to how big a Reticulated Python will grow. He said there must, of course, be one but he doesn't think he or anyopne else has ever seen a max sized one. He said that food is the sole limiting factor with regard to the size of these pythons. He explained that if you got yourself a young one and continuously provided it with enough, good quality food (like pigs and deer when it got bigger - a dozen chickens for example won't do the trick) then it would just keep growing.

There's food for thought.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast