User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worlds larges snake ever caught!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a film clip of the snake today. They have it on display. It has a 3-foot girth. It was laying in a serpentine form so you couldn't fully appreciate its length, but it IS a BIIIIIG snake. It seems like a snake of that size and weight would have trouble getting around. How can it haul almost 1,000 lbs around and move fast enough to snare prey? But obviously it does or it wouldn't be that big!

UGH.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the pigs or whatever look at it and think to themselves "I've got no chance of getting away from that" and just give themselves up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this Python on TV yesterday morning, that's amazing! The news reporter said however "The zoo got it from a tribe who was worshipping it." I would imagine however, if the tribe was revering the snake as a holy creature then they would not willingly give it up....
    Any truth to that Troy? I know how news gets twisted as it makes it's way around the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a crock to me Josh!
    There is a story about it here Python story, it's in Indonesian but basically it says:
    * The snake was originally caught in the jungle in the Jambi province of Sumatra
    * It's a male snake
    * It weighs 447kg, length 14.85m
    * It is now in a zoo in Curug, Java
    The rest is just waffle about how it is hoped it will become a tourist attraction.

Sumatra is mostly either Muslim (Jambi and South Sumatra certainly are) or Christian and neither religion would be caught dead worshipping snakes! This sounds like media hype.

Cheers, Troy.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plant a kiss, Snake are basically 2 things, muscle and bones. What makes the snake moves is that it expands and contracts its muscles a certain way to move. It can move just as fast a small snake can because, it doesn't reall gain fat but muscle. So instead of being fat and grumpy like some humans are, it is a constant "weight lifter" always trying to ad muscle. A snake of that size would have no problem taking an animal out. Also snake are sorta like lions; they sneek up on the prey until it is in striking distance, then it attaks so quickly that the prey doesn't catch on to what's going on until it is to late. Even if did escape, the snake could probably out run it anyway and kill it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Troy,

Thanks for the cultural info! The only snake "cult" I know of off hand is/was the Naga headhunters of India so I thought this was BS.

It's a bit depressing to think that even these days invented prejudicies towards the people from far off places would make it all the way to the morning news.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    an anaconda has eaten a man in malaysia before
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I recall correctly, Anacondas occur naturally only along the Amazon River in S. America.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast