User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: flex watt heat tape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would like to build some shelving for plastic containers and use flex watt heat tape to heat them. It's what a lot of the breaders do. Anyway, can anyone tell me how you use the stuff. Do you put it in direct contact with the plastic or is it supposed to be just a fraction away, or what. I have not found any good internet stuff on this yet, except where to buy it.

Thanks,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With heat tape, it is best to attach it to the actual shelf where the containers would be resting, for it makes the containers accesible, plus it allows for an air space, so it wont get too hot.
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, so you would fix the strip to the vack of the shelf, and then have the containers within a half inch of so, so there is heating to the back of the container, but not the whole container. Is that kind of accurate?

Thanks,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds fairly correct. If the heat tapes were on the bottom of container, it would work also.
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zach,

Yes it would, and that is how I thought it would go originally, but some of the ones I have seen pics of, the tape runs vertically down the back pannel of the shelf(in three long strips, if it's three columns of containers, ie). I guress you could do either or, depending on how many segments upi want to hook up.

thanks,

Joe