What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night light for a gecko

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I bought a house gecko last week. I have him in my lowland plant room with my anoles and nepenthes. It don't have any windows and the only way any light can get in at night is throught the clear plastic door. Needless to say it's very dark in there at night. Since they are nocturnal do they need some light too see at night. I was thinking of putting a night light just outside the room so that it'll get about the same light as it would in the wild with moonlight.
Is this a good idea or should I just let it stay dark?

I bred Leopard Geckos for a few years. I had a moonlight on, so I could watch them at night. So if want to look at them at night, use a moonlight.
I have a picture of my lighting for my tank on me web page:

http://www.geocities.com/elgecko1989/geckos.html

The thing is, house geckos (usually Hemidactylus species {spelling?}) don't require any form of lighting, other then a bulb or heat, as they are nocturnal. If you want to observe him at night, thry using red bulbs or black bulbs.

not unless your geckos can't find there way to the potty at nights
tounge.gif
lol

Thanks guys for the advise.
Elgecko, I checked out your site and we have alot in common. Flying, reptiles, Nascar, racing games.
Contact me on yahoo or aol and we'll discuss the Carolina/Philly game on Sunday.
GO CAROLINA
tounge.gif

Back