Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: steve erwin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if it's a boy, he will be named Kenny, right?

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *grins*

*nods*
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least your not naming is Dixie Normus ( inside joke ) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (larry @ Jan. 17 2004,18:59)]Unlike Michael J, Steve knew what he was doing [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    If your refering to his knowledge of animals, I'll agree. If you are refering to his understanding of people then I'll have to disagree. To do what he did with his kid was irresponsible. There are to many people who see something done on TV and think that if they saw it on TV then it can't be that dangerous. Look how many kids injured themselfs trying to duplicate the stupid stunts they saw on the "Jackass" series.

BCK
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As another Aussie I couldn't agree more with Seandew. I read the title of this post, cringed, and thought "oh well, let's see what they are saying about that t*sser (a word that only another Australian will understand)."

He was an idiot for doing that with his baby, you NEVER know animals 100% no matter who you think you are.
    As for CROCODILES - not Aligators, the Australian saltwater crocodile doesn't turn away. They are huge, aggressive, lightning fast, surprisingly intelligent and several people get eaten by wild ones in Australia every year. Would you dangle your new baby in front of something like that? Not if you had more than half a brain.

I feel much better now I have that off my chest.

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not my strong suit, but generally alligators are not nearly as aggressive as the salty crocs in Australia. I think they will only get aggressive when defending a nest. Of course there are exceptions in all cases and people do get maimed by alligators occasionally. Pets are always fair game and pets being close to size as small children, they don't take chances with alligators and either have them removed or killed, wherever the two meet.
    I think catching and relocating alligators would be a fun job. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, just read this. Adults working with wild animals is fine, but

It doesn't matter how aggressive. They are aggressive. They are wild animals. I like Erwin. I like to watch his show, but when this happened, it floored me. It was absolutely one of the stupidest stuns I have seen. Yes I know he is an expert, but things happen. Nothing, especially a wild animal, is completely predictable. You do not take that kind of a chance with a baby. The child could not crawl let alone run. Gaters and Crocs are faster than you think.

A man had a family dog here. The dog was a little aggressive, nothing too bad, until it took half of his son's face off. He still did not get rid of it. Had to be the kid's fault. After it went after another child and we took care of the matter.

I have friend. His niece was not quite two when she was standing on a chair, next to the table. She threw herself backwards and the chair flipped. She broke her neck and has been cripple for six years.

Things happen folks. They do not need the help of a stupid act.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Copper @ Mar. 12 2004,18:56)]Things happen folks. They do not need the help of a stupid act.
    I agree Rose. What would have happened if, for whatever reason, the croc had lunged towards him and he stumbled backwards and fell, dropping his baby? Nothing in life is totally pedictable, especially wild animals and people.

BCK
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast