User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Frillies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My frilled dragon, Drake, is sick. He has a large swelling on one side of his hips and mites/ticks in his frill. He has runny stool. He also has a cut on his leg that has crusted blood dried over it. the joints in the back legs are aldo a bit swollen. What do I do? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]
    He is a male that is not full grown and I do not want to lose him. Please help! Also, if he gets bigger can I put him in with a male beardie that is 101/2 inches long. The frillie is about 8 inches or more bigger than the beardie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think I would look for a vet that does herps.
    You might pick up a copy of reptile magazine and see if you can contact one of the editors for advice too.

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best thing to do is to see a vet, especially if this was a long term thing. From the swelling of the legs, it could be a matter of things (like the columns in Reptiles stated: metabolic bone disease, fluid buildup, you name it). Hit the vet, it will help you from losing the cool and rare lil bugger.
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I followed your advice and took him to the vet. He had flagellas or something and he had to get a shot and tube feeding and a little nick on the hip. he also got a mite killing bath and some shampoo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah, the guy stuck a cotton swab up drakes but.(fecal sample