What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess This Lizard

The last pic looks like leaf tail gecko.
My igauna just died last month. He was 13 years old, his name was Beetlenut. He ate any green I could find and the same with fruit. Occasional meat protein maybe 4 times a year. Boy he hated my dogs.

Joe

superimposedhope,
Sorry about your igauna.

I do not think that the picture of the gecko is a leaf tail. Leaf tail geckos do not have that much extra skin on there toes.
I guess we will never know unless voodoolizard decides to let us know.

It is a Ptychozoon Kuhlii better know as a flying gecko.

Joe, when I got mine 5 years ago they were 20 buck. They are very easy to care for IMO. If I was still breeding them I would offer to you send one, But I stopped when I could no longer find good homes for them, that was over a year ago. Mom and dad passed away last fall, and all the kid were given away.

Chris

Igauna's I assume you are talking about breeding. I appreciate it, but I dont think I would endeavor upon such a task as caring for another igauna. I loved him alot but he was a pain in the *** to care for and ate more fruit and veggie than me,wife and kids together. His story is that I had this aquaintance at the time who was an idiot/junky(drugs) that had bought him after seeing the Cheech and Chong lizard thing. Well he thought he would feed this new pet acid, coke, crank, pot, whatever he had. A few months went by and the lizard began to turn a light purple/baby blue color and he figured him for dead so he said he was going to just let it go here(We live in Nebraska). I was like hey if your just throwing him away, just wait and I'll come get him. I did and I had to deal with lizard withdrawl and malnutrition. This was my beginning of herpetology(amateur anyway). Needless to say he made it through after a year. The only effect it had long term was that at the age of 13 and well fed he still only made it to 4 1/2'ft long.(tip to tip), I had several reptiles but now after kids I only have a leopard gecko (10" long), he's hibernating right now.

Joe

That's a real sad story. Some people should not be allowed to own any pet.
This week is sad for me. I lost one of my long tail lizards. Not the one in the pics but the other. I don't know what happened to her, I found her laying in the bottom of the cage.

Sorry dude,
Sometimes they go with no warning even when healthy and young, and sometimes they live with neglect for ages. Mother nature is weird how the survival thing works. I used to work at PetSmart and it was sad how many of those we went through.(dieing that is)- same with hamsters.

Sorry to hear that ozzy.

Opps, That was directed at the other Joe (The Griffin) about the geckos.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think they are about $7. My 8 year old daughter wants one really bad. Are they easy?

I don't belive Igaunas should be kept as pets, I have seen to many mistreated and abused.

Chris

Is it a flat rock lizard
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Feb. 19 2004,3:52)]
jumping-smiley-024.gif

Oh is it a alligator lizard?
not to burst your bubble...but Alligator lizards are skinks

Lanthanotus_1.jpg

I love this one...I'll give you a hint or two.. That specimen is alive..and it's a Monitor

lnt002.jpg

I highly doubt it...
and just a quick note...no the monitor is not made of rubber

Ok.. Since someone got the FWC I'm hoping someone can get this one.. it's all too simple really.

Uh I know this is like a month after you posted, but anway;
Lanthanotus borneensis or Earless lizard.
Are they part of Varanidae tho?

Used to be same Family from what I've seen, (Older book)
recently I believe it got it's own Family.. so it doesn't count as a Varanid.. but It did at one time, and that's all that counts
smile.gif

Ack I miss my herps!

-Juan-Carlos
Miami, Florida
www.jcreef.bravehost.com

Heres one.

If anyone subscribes to REPTILES, they will know this right away.
Its a gecko from madagascar and that region.

Phelsuma_laticauda_DNZ_03_4.12.03.JPG

One of my favorite lizards, really colourful

Extra points for scientific names

I subscribe to Reptiles. I believe it's some kind of Day Gecko.

I agree with grim BTW.its a very cute lizard.

Back