Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Guess This Lizard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never knew it's Latin name. they have these guys at PetCo all the time with the anoles and house geckos. I think they are about $7. My 8 year old daughter wants one really bad. Are they easy?

regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very easy.just do a little research.i have an iguana,and it is really easy.
    big warm light,large aquirium,carrots and kale for food. very easy. very inexpensive. great pet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    REMEMBER PEOPLE!

Herptiles are not disposible pets at any means! Even though some lil bugger maybe $4.50 or something, it's still a living life. Besure to research and don't slack of on it lol.

By the way, iguana's cannot fair on a diet of kale and carrots alone. Juvi's require lots of varied greens and some experts say some animal protein (some think different about this). Iguanas are not the best beginner lizard.

Main point, do your homework before buying anything. Good to hear people telling others to research (nice job nolimits).

Thanks-Zach
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And iguanas get very large,over 6 foot,and are very suceptible to parasitesif kept in dirty conditions.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last pic looks like leaf tail gecko.
    My igauna just died last month. He was 13 years old, his name was Beetlenut. He ate any green I could find and the same with fruit. Occasional meat protein maybe 4 times a year. Boy he hated my dogs.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    superimposedhope,
    Sorry about your igauna.

I do not think that the picture of the gecko is a leaf tail. Leaf tail geckos do not have that much extra skin on there toes.
    I guess we will never know unless voodoolizard decides to let us know.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a Ptychozoon Kuhlii better know as a flying gecko.

Joe, when I got mine 5 years ago they were 20 buck. They are very easy to care for IMO. If I was still breeding them I would offer to you send one, But I stopped when I could no longer find good homes for them, that was over a year ago. Mom and dad passed away last fall, and all the kid were given away.

Chris

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igauna's I assume you are talking about breeding. I appreciate it, but I dont think I would endeavor upon such a task as caring for another igauna. I loved him alot but he was a pain in the @$$ to care for and ate more fruit and veggie than me,wife and kids together. His story is that I had this aquaintance at the time who was an idiot/junky(drugs) that had bought him after seeing the Cheech and Chong lizard thing. Well he thought he would feed this new pet acid, coke, crank, pot, whatever he had. A few months went by and the lizard began to turn a light purple/baby blue color and he figured him for dead so he said he was going to just let it go here(We live in Nebraska). I was like hey if your just throwing him away, just wait and I'll come get him. I did and I had to deal with lizard withdrawl and malnutrition. This was my beginning of herpetology(amateur anyway). Needless to say he made it through after a year. The only effect it had long term was that at the age of 13 and well fed he still only made it to 4 1/2'ft long.(tip to tip), I had several reptiles but now after kids I only have a leopard gecko (10" long), he's hibernating right now.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast