What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess This Lizard

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I took some pics of one of the lizards that I have, and I'd thought it be fun to put the pics here and see how long it takes for you can guess the species.
I'm sorry but the quality of the pics are not the greatest.

grasslizard4.jpg

0.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

If some of you reptile experts already know what it is hold back to let some others guess for a while.

They look like skinks to me. Which type - I do not know.

Nope, it's not a skink.

Hard to tell from the pictures. I would have guessed a skink also.

Heh, I know what it is. I have a pet lizard of a closely related species (which unfortunately was not treated well by the petstore I got him from, but thankfully, they were closing. That was 8 years ago...)

I'll let a few others try guessing it, though.

It's strange how they make such good pets, but aren't particularly well known. They're omnivorous, fairly friendly, and don't bite.

I think i know what it is, I'll hold back, but its name starts with a T

It has a short body but enormously long tail

jumping-smiley-024.gif

Oh is it a alligator lizard?

carnivorous23, I think you're on the right track. Let's see how long it takes for the others.
Spectabilis73, You're on the money!!!
smile.gif

Starts with a T? Here's another wild stab - Baby golden Tegu.

Here's another pic for you guys.

ts2.jpg

Three Striped O? Spec, are you sure, I was positive it was a @!@&^ (*%&%$*^ __*(*&%$ (All true herpers know what that means!
wink.gif
)
Good guessing everyone,
Lithopsman
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Ah lol, im not good with scientific names of lizards,but this is a liard commonly sold as long-tailed grass lizards or just plain long-tailed lizards.

Yep it's a Japanese long tail grass lizard (Takydromus sexlineatus).

That was solved faster than I thought it would be. Now somebody else should post a pic and see if you can stump the rest of us.

Here's one for ya.

ahhh.jpg

he's only two weeks old in this pic.

Chris

Flying gecko

I never knew it's Latin name. they have these guys at PetCo all the time with the anoles and house geckos. I think they are about $7. My 8 year old daughter wants one really bad. Are they easy?

regards,

Joe

very easy.just do a little research.i have an iguana,and it is really easy.
big warm light,large aquirium,carrots and kale for food. very easy. very inexpensive. great pet:)

REMEMBER PEOPLE!

Herptiles are not disposible pets at any means! Even though some lil bugger maybe $4.50 or something, it's still a living life. Besure to research and don't slack of on it lol.

By the way, iguana's cannot fair on a diet of kale and carrots alone. Juvi's require lots of varied greens and some experts say some animal protein (some think different about this). Iguanas are not the best beginner lizard.

Main point, do your homework before buying anything. Good to hear people telling others to research (nice job nolimits).

Thanks-Zach

And iguanas get very large,over 6 foot,and are very suceptible to parasitesif kept in dirty conditions.:(

Back