Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have we done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as soon as I posted that, I realized I forgot to mention, I am talking about the legality of it. Not encouraging it. It's really not a good idea. I'm just trying to explain the laws after the comment that any native animal requires a permit. Sorry for any confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, Finch, but that has nothing to do with the previous posts, is what i mean... The post had nothing to do with tree frogs, because they didnt go out and wild collect the frogs, they got them from a friend
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    err well true. all true
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the USA, the collecting and/or keeping of any animal is regulated by Federal, State, County and even city laws.

For Example, In Florida you can collect just about any species that isnt threatened or endangered. However, some cities and counties have codes against keeping alligators--even if you have a state license.
    In Tennessee, NO wildlife can be kept or collected without the proper licenses.

If in doubt, check your state laws. They can usually also tell you what the federal regs are on it too. Then check your county and citiy codes. Just because the Feds and State allow it---doesn't mean your city or county does.

Those of you who have spent much time at Kingsnake.com should be aware that there are laws and plenty of them, and its getting worse every year.

As far as the tree frogs go--I wouldn't sweat it. Just learn how to take care of them and enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]In Florida you can collect just about any species that isnt threatened or endangered.
    Absolutly not true. The migritory bird act protects all native songbirds in the country. It is a federal law, and florida is no exeption.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really guess I covered it with the "just about" part. What I was trying to get across is simply that the laws change from state to state, county to county, municipality to municipality, city to city, etc to etc. So, if you are in Doubt---check the law--Fed, state, and local.

So, relax and take a deep breath....or 10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12