User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Iguana question!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would a standard Black Light work for supplying an Iguana with UV rays? i have a heat light for him already, and the tank sits under my floursecent lights for my VFTs, so lighting isnt a prob, im just not sure if he will get enough UVA or UVB, im not sure. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] Im new at this whole game. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    -~(\/)~-

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to get a light that is specifically for UVB. They usually come in flourescent tubes. I would go with the Zoo-Med or Haagan's line (I forgot the name). Flourescent will work but it certainly isn't optimal. Daylight is also very good, be wary they get high off sunlight and will erratic and jumpy for a few hours after coming in if they are indoor pets.

Joe

BTW black light is virtually useless for any UV.
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have an iguana light 5.0 uvb for mine its a 4 foot long florescence bulb. if you have a big enough cage that is what you would need. a super uv coil lamp works for smaller cages. the reason i use the big one is my cage is 4 feet across 4w x 3h x 2deep
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist