What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new pet & her cage...

Here are some pics of My New Pet & Her New & Old Cage... You tell me if you think she's gunna like it... LOL! My Kidz named her... Buddy... LOL! Yup she's a girl with the Name Buddy... She is about a 2 yrs. old Leopard Gecko. Very tame & active!

Buddy's face:
20047134503963121568249.jpg

Buddy side view:
20047134452346698834129.jpg

The Old Cage was a 10 Gal. Tank, It was given to me with "Buddy".

Old Cage front:
20047137377246866587623.jpg

Old Cage side:
20047135842624917770110.jpg

Old Cage side:
20047133535275188419841.jpg

The New cage is about as big as a 20 Gal. Tank only deeper from front to back. She really seems to like it in there. I Put her in there last night & she roamed all around the whole cage. I added a few plants & some"Hide Holes" for her to make it a little more comfy for her. Then I added a handfull of Crickets for her to munch on to make her feel even more comfy... LOL!

New Cage Front:
20047131151952907849494.jpg

New Cage side:
20047134445840188753462.jpg

New Cage side:
20047131275972073433237.jpg

You know what the BEST part is. I was Given Buddy & BOTH of the cages... That was a Good deal in my eyes... I have been looking into getting a Leo for my Kidz. They have been askin me & I said if they do well in school I would buy one for them. & Just when I was ready to buy one, My friend asked me if I knew anyone that was interested in one... LOL! Talk about being in the right place at the right time... LOL! I guess I Lucked out on this one... Now I have to sell my 100 Gal. fish tank to have room to build a bigger cage for Buddy & a few roommates... Hmmm...

Later,
SX

oh very nice

Hi Steve,

Congrats on the new acquisition! You won't need a bigger cage for a "few" friends for Buddy. Pick up a boy and a couple more girls and they'll lay eggs for you all season long--sure your kidz would LUV that!

Don't forget to dust the crickets, and a red light bulb works great for viewing them at night---they are nocturnal.

Lots of luck!

i had one of those. the first time he started wiggling his tail before lunging at a cricket i fell off my chair i was laughing so hard.

Rattler

I was actually going tonight to buy a red "night light". As for not needing a bigger cage... I'm sure there isn't a huge NEED. But there isn't enough room to place more than 1 or 2 "Hides" in there for them. BTW, There is a heatrock in the cage. I know I'm not supposed to use them. But I purchased an UTH Pad. It was for my 30 Gal. Tank. Now I have really no heat source, So I figured if I get a Red Light it would help keep heat in there. It is Summer, so I have a room temp of around 70-75 at night, & I have a light on durring the daytime that brings the temp up to 80-85 (maybe 85-90). That should be good enough, Right? I did however leave the heatrock in the cage (just not plugged in) to add another place for the Gecko to climb on. I also bought a Rheostat to help regulate the temp of the UTH as not to over heat the cage. But I guess I don't really have a use for it now, Do I? But I'll try to make it usefull when I build a larger cage for the Gecko's. OH Yeah! I wanted to know if anyone knows if this type is what they call "High Yellow"? I have seen a few Pail looking Geckos in the Local Pet Stores & I have yet to find one with the same colors (or around the same size to put in with her). Even the Pics of "Buddy" don't do her justice. She is Very Vibrant in Color. I am hopeing to find a few that look very similar to her. (especialy a Male Mate
smile_m_32.gif
) Then The offspring should look similar also, Right? Plus I would like to know how much smaller of a Gecko I would be able to put in there safely? Or are they pretty nice to "their own kind"?

Any Help would be appreciated...

Thanks for the nice coments...

SX

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 13 2004,2:24)]i had one of those. the first time he started wiggling his tail before lunging at a cricket i fell off my chair i was laughing so hard.

Rattler
I remember the first time I saw that.. I would have falled off a chair but I was standing
smile.gif

Back