Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The smallest turtle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    turtles can be difficult to keep over the long term. you need one heck of a filter cause they need HIGH quality water. ive never kept any for very long. i highly suggest checking out the www.kingsnake.com forums, lots of ppl with LOTS of years experiance there. i used to cruise the forums when i was heavily into snakes. still check them out from time to time.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Papatoad @ Aug. 02 2004,5:13)]My son has been posting here as of late looking for a small turtle. I told him once that when I was young, we had small aquarium turtles. Since banned due to salmonella. Does anyone know what those turtles were? I am trying to talk him into a tortoise if he gets anything.
    Painted turtles mostly because they were easy to get, and some stores painted their shells, then Red eared sliders and various others like map turtles and such
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    0.2 Desert Tortoise Hatchlings
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 31 2004,10:09)]snapping turtles stay small for an extremely long time, my mom had one in her 50 gal fish tank for 5 years and it was only about 6 inches across when we let it go.
    Dunno if there are several species of snapper, but my friend's snapper was pushing 2 feet when he managed to get rid of it..
    (Had it for about 3.5 years)
    Friggen thing chopped a 1" hockey stick handle right off, and was downright evil!

/Quensel
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easiest small turtle will be some kind of mud turtle(including the popular stink pot). I think they max out at five, and four would be more common.

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12