What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess another snake

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I stumped you guys once let's see if I can do it again.

browns.jpg

Is that Roadkill?

That is snakus deadus.

Capslock

You're both right. But what is the specie?

Slightly flattened Garter snake.

Here's a more alive picture of one I took last year when I was hiking.

133reptile9.jpg

Somebody is very close, but not there yet

Pond boy,
I do not think it is a ribbon snake. It's hard to tell but it does not look as if the other strips are there.

0zzy,
Are you being that specific such as Eastern Garter snake?
or as pond boy thinks Northern ribbon snake.

elgecko, yes I'm looking for a specific name.

Thamnophis sirtalis

How about Butler's gartersnake? I am just taking a stab, as that looks darker than the easterns' I remember. Otherwise I would go with a Plains garter.

Plains it is not. Thamnophis radix has a yellow crescent moon shape just behind the mouth, and this one has none. This specimen does sport the checkerboard between the stripes, but lacks the "moon" and the orange backstripe.

President Bush, or possibly some Lawyer. Looks like someone had a lucky day! Probably a democrat.

Tamlin how can you curse some poor innocent snake like that?
mad.gif

Hey that reminds me of a joke.

One day an engineer died and went to hell by mistake. After a couple of weeks he had designed a system of running water, air conditions and even found a way to control the fires. After about a month God had realized the mistake, so he called up Satan. He ask how Hell was and Satan said "It's been pretty nice since you sent me the engineer."
God said "Yeah that's why I called, he was sent there by mistake and I need for you to send him back to heaven.
Satan said "I'm sorry but I can't do that"  
God said "I demand that you send him bad right now!!"
Satan asked "What are you going to do if I don't?"
God said "Well, I'll sue you."
Satan Laughed "Yeah, well where do you think you'll get a Lawyer?

Thamnophis radix radix

Back