Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarrarium being built

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad and I are building a terrarium..
    about 50-60 gallon size.

once it is built and established, the main plants growing will be CPs..
    nepth, dews, bladders, butters, etc.

so once these survive me (lol), and are established, what kind of animal could I put in with them, that wont be eaten?

chameleon? small snake? frogs? turtle?

I also dont want the CPs to be eaten either.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a plant eat animal world out there, isn't it? I don't think too many people have chanced mixing CP's with reptiles & amphibians - not so much because the plants would eat them. they may be a little nervous about plant eating animals nibbling on the CP's. my guess someone like Ozzy or Unknownclown or Spectabilis73 might know something about mixing things. You can try sending a PM to them about it, as this post may have slipped through the cracks. I certainly missed it! Certainly a small snake should be mutually safe. Possibly skinks, newts, and house geckos? Providing baby crickets are mutually beneficial to both.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This did slip through my site, and I can very well answer this question.
    I have done this. I mixed anoles , long tail grass lizards and house geckos with alot of different plants, including big neps. I have never had any problems at all. They seemed to be very happy together. Only problem you may have is if you mix different animals together. If you do you need to make sure that they have enough room to establish their own territory. I first used a portable green house, then I turned a closet into a grow room. Even with the closet I had to seperate the male anoles. Good luck with it and I would love to see the finished product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have frogs and salamanders there.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps some of the artificial plants and driiftwood, etc.., sold in pet shops would be helpful toward keepin respective territories separate from one another. This is analagous to providing shale, slate, clay pots, and PVC piping for shelter in aquariums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the terrarium is built, waiting on my plants to arrive along with a few other items to help the thing run.

once i plant them, i was only gonna get one animal.
    probably a lizard or gecko.

i was hoping for chameleon.. but then i thought about their feet, climbing around, they might accidently squash or pinch one [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

so gecko might be for me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, CP's may be more resilient than what you think - unless, of course, they are being nibbled upon. Just a thought. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a plant that I like to grow with my climbing reptiles. It's called Caribbean love leaf. It grows about 1.5 to 2 feet, it bends really easy and they love to climb on it. If you want I can send you some.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast