Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have two african clawed frogs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve, I don't recall what it was but there was a tag with that plant when I purchased it and I recall looking it up and finding it was an introduced species causing issues here in the US. Makes no difference to me as it is contained. It is pretty though but I will swap it out for a utric one of these days. I'm thinking the U aurea?

Er uh Joe... it's called laziness. Now I will have to make a second trip back to PetSmart to buy the little mesh floating fry net and then once I am there I will have to remember why I was there. Have you ever gone to a store specifically to pick up an item and gotten side tracked and walked out without what you came to purchase to begin with? That is PetSmart and I always get hung up in that store playing with the baby rats and looking at the fish and such. And then there are the cats that are up or adoption so I have to mosey on over there to take a peek and well... you get the idea.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes... I should have known. That's quite the problem for me as well. :)
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura, I think its the moseying. Mosey too much, and it has an adverse affect on the brain, taking you to places you have never been to before. Has a tendency to cause forgetful moments, leading to "senior moments". Stop moseying, and you can cure yourself. Calms down ROFLMAO as well!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have a thing for rats. They are such gentle, loving, and intelligent creatures and every time I go to PetSmart I get this urge to outfit every classroom at the school with a pet rat to avoid them ending up inside a snake. I'm afraid I am hopeless. Now add all those older adult cats they offer for adoption to the equation and my brain goes to mush. Hopeless I tell you! Hopeless. Wanna pet rat? My treat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd remove that cambomba. It doesn't look like you have the light so it might not last too long for ya. See if you can get ahold of java moss or whatnot.

U. gibba is hated by many planted tank aquarists. Since I do both, I dislike U. gibba in my planted tanks but I don't have the heart to exterminate it. Theirs always a small amount wandering through the tank. My main grudge is that(thinking with a nonconservational bounty hunting mind [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] ) that the U. gibba are competition for the fish fry that appear in the tank as they trap food that te fish would otherwise eat.

Any flaw in this reasoning?
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camboba is an oxygenator and I'd like to be able to keep it in there. So far it is doing fine and has not gone to plant heaven but one never knows what may happen in the months to come and it is not receiving any direct sunlight.

The U. gibba is indigenous to my area so it will survive outside in a pond and the U. inflata should survive outside also.

The U. aurea was the plant I was thinking of adding to this little tank. What would you recommend? By the way, thanks for the suggestion of Vesicularia dubyana. That's a hard plant to kill and I bet it would do great in there with the little frogs.

As far as your reasoning, I'm not qualified to comment. I've seen plants in environments where people have said, "No way". On the other hand, I've seen plants fail that for all practical purposes should have been growing as if they were planted next to a nuclear power plant with trace elements of Miracle Grow in the rain drops. Sometimes there is just no rhyme or reason as to why some plants make it and some don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Wanna pet rat? My treat!
    sure! send it to:
    293 oak drive, apt G
    winston, PA 29434

(fake adress lol)
    but hey... i have a guineapig!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta PayPal account? Rats are cheap, I'll send you the money to purchase one. Once you go rat... you never go back! Rats are much more affectionate than squeeling guinea pigs that don't particularly like to be held.

Try one..... you'll like it!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast