Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My poor leo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about gut loading the crickets before offering them. Perhaps this might help with any nutritional deficiencies that would prompt her to try to eat the calci-sand. Just a thought.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I give mine's crickets and mealworms Omega One fish food flakes... same stuff I give my fish.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First let me say thanks for the information, now it appears that she has passed the blockage as she is eating now, well till she developed a sore on her mouth but that is healing well. Her stomach is no longer swollen and she is much more active, the mineral oil works. Just a side note on the english walnut shell when i asked the vet about that he told me that they had just had to euthenise one who had eaten and when they gave it the mineral oil the blockage caused the intestines(i believe, could have been something else) to rupture and there was nothing they could do for it so i would recommend nothing smaller than their head, basicly if they can fit it in their mouth it is too small. i do have a dish of calcium in the cage i believe she ingested it when other people would drop mealworms from the top of the cage onto the sand instead of putting them in the dish like i did, so also if you use sand make sure no one is putting food on the sand because the gecko doesnt know any better.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, because my gecko eats his food from any random place, and he's never ingested the sand.. that's weird.

Well, it's great news that she's doing better!
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12