Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scorpions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aren't blacklights UV lights?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Oh, while I've been researching scorpions, I came across this really neat arachnid called a solifugid.
    I've only seen two in my life. they scared the heck out of me because I was little. They are WEIRD.
    Quote[/b] ]they scare the bejesus out of yah when yah feel one crawling across you face at night(its happened to my sister a few times and found it to be a productive way of finding them one summer, i just waited to hear a blood curdling scream come from my sisters bedroom
    holy cow well where do you sleep? outside in the desert? lol.
    are you sure they're solifugids? I didn't think they wandered around like that. I thought they just built holes and pretty much lived underground.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no sun spiders are quite active hunters, in the Middle east and africa they get big enough to kill small lizards. granted the ones up here are about 1.5 inches long MAX. they live in arid regions of the world and trust me even though it looks like prairie we dont get much rain fall up here. and yes i know what they are. nothing else looks like them and i have had the chance to examine approximatly 120 individuals up here. they are fairly common if yah know where to find them here.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warlock,
    Good luck with your dream.
    I always wanted one. My parents did not let me have any, and now that I'm married the wife does not want me to get one. I might be able to change her mind if I worked on it, but no place for a tank. If I did I'd have some lizards again.

I saw lots of different kinds of scorpions at the reptile shows I used to go to.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ditto! Reptile show rock!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]no sun spiders are quite active hunters, in the Middle east and africa they get big enough to kill small lizards. granted the ones up here are about 1.5 inches long MAX
    dang I didn't know they had such a big range.
    by the way... for those of you who don't know... "sun spiders" are NOT spiders.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys....would've replied to the scorpion thing sooner if i actually got on here regularly but i don't, so oh well. I have an aunt in oklahoma and when the family goes to visit for some big thing or whatever myself and some of the other teens go wandering around her property(huge!) and catch scorpions and tarantulas(sp?)...sometimes rattlers...just for kicks. i know its dangerous so don't try to lecture me but its great fun! last summer we cought 10 scorpions in her front yard(don't even try to ask me what kind...i'll find out next time i go down there). but one of them ate another one so we ended up with nine. they are small, kinda tan-ish, and faster than hell. of course we don't catch them with our hands, that would be beyond stupid. we only use a cup so it's still not that safe but it's fun and nobody has gotten hurt yet...notice i said yet.
    ~fyre
    \"May you ever walk comfortably in the shadows; neither blinded by the light nor lost in the dark.\"-i have no idea

\"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.\"-Einstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123