Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scorpions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've wanted to buy a scorpion since I was about 10 years old. First of all, I'm going to college next year, so I probably won't be able to bring a scorpion, even if it's in a closed container. Does anyone have any experience with this noble arachnid? They look like so much fun to own, even if they don't do anything all day.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had 5 emperor scorpions. Not terribly exciting but they glow in the dark. Oh, I also had one red one, don't know what it was though.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to have 2 emporer scorpions. They were fun especially watching them chase crickets to the corners of the cage and tear them apart with their pitchers. Also didn't require much care. Just a little bit of water and some dirt to dig into and about 1-3 crickets to eat a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, they would actually rip the crickets apart? That seems mean, but cool. Are you able to handle emperor scorpions? That would be awesome. Man, I want one so badly...

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can but very carefully and I never did. Just let 'em be. They're like fish - just watch, no touchy.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Warlock @ Mar. 29 2005,6:23)]Cool, they would actually rip the crickets apart? That seems mean, but cool. Are you able to handle emperor scorpions? That would be awesome. Man, I want one so badly...
    Yeah they would catch them with their pinchers and bring them to a second set of pinchers in their mouth that would mulch them up. In 3 or so years I owned scorpions I only picked them up two-three times. Handling them too much stresses them and can kill them. Occasionally handling though doesn't hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Mar. 30 2005,12:16)]
    Quote[/b] (Warlock @ Mar. 29 2005,6:23)]Cool, they would actually rip the crickets apart? That seems mean, but cool. Are you able to handle emperor scorpions? That would be awesome. Man, I want one so badly...
    Yeah they would catch them with their pinchers and bring them to a second set of pinchers in their mouth that would mulch them up. In 3 or so years I owned scorpions I only picked them up two-three times. Handling them too much stresses them and can kill them. Occasionally handling though doesn't hurt.
    That makes sense. A scorpion seems like the coolest animal to own. It's a real conversation starter. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The emperors are cool, but rather boring. Scorpions in general don't move much all day, only at night. The emperors are also clumsy hunters. Sometimes the cricket will walk on top of them and still get no reaction. If you can, get the Desert Hairy Hadrurus arizonensis These guys are fast and agressive, reacts to anything moving in their cage. The Vaejovis are small fat and cute, but needs smaller crickets. Don't get the super toxic ones until you've had some experience with non lethal scorpions.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast