Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pollywogs or tadpoles

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres deffinately plenty of algae in the tank and the tank is about 4-5 inches deep. They seem to be swimmin up to the top pretty easily. And yes they were already formed but I thought that they could have grown larger before they hatched.
    Their eggs are still in there so if they feel like munchin on some egg goo (BLECH) theres tons for them to chow down on although Im very tempted to take them out, and think I will tomorrow.
    Oh and by the way I wouldnt think of feeding them to the plants, for some reason I just dont think thats the lesson I wanna teach my kid right now.
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will probably be fine, but if it was me, I would probably hook up one of those little sponge filters to a small pump just for a little filtration and water movement(and oxygenation).
    Don't feel bad about grabbing them, as you probably improved their chances on making it to froglets. I imagine tadpoles take a beating by predators, ect, in Nture.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally saw treefrogs again last year after 7 years of none

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't try a bubbler if I were you. like someone said in a previous thread, tadpoles have gas problems sometimes and they die :P I once tried a bubbler and a ton of tadpoles kept floating up to the surface (belly up) because they had a bubble in their bellies.
    Besides, it's not necessary. They'll be fine without one.
    are they eating their goo? because if they are, I'd leave it there. it's full of nutrients and other stuff that should keep them healthy.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alpha about how many weeks till they gain legs then bodies. Would you mind giving us a timeline?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    depends on the species, temperature, and amount of food they get :P
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For example, bullfrog tadpoles can take two years to grow into frogs, while spring peepers or something (darn... spring peepers? hmm... maybe that's not the one I'm thinking of) will take less than a month. Heck, some tropical species hatch as froglets already :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast