What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lizard and/or skink of the garage

Well there are two types (male and female?) of lizard that love to lurk in garages here. They are both 1ft or over. one looks like a blue tailed skink but minus the blue tail (it is the same blackish color). The other has a red head and a brownish body. They both eat insects expecially our huge cockaroaches (4inches and over). Watching them kill those roaches sure is a pleasure. At least then I know that roach will not try to kill me. I swear those roaches are out to get me (that is another long story). But these lizards are very neat. They can also run very very fast. Anyone have any idea what they are? Species I mean? Oh and no pictures because no camera and the lizards run too fast for it to focus. I could not find it in my reptiles of Florida guide.

Maybe Anoles?
But I didn't think they got much bigger then 6 inches.

The first sounds more like a whiptail to me. The second could be a Gilbert's skink, they get pretty large.

The red headed one is definatly a broadhead but the second does not really have a blue tail but it might. Those buggers are jsut so fast

It could be a 5 line racer.

Perhaps but remember these lizards/skinks were at least 1 foot long. I thought five lined racers were fairly small. I have yet to look up Travis' suggestions

Yeah right, I forgot about the size. Racers get to about 8".
I guess it could be one with a growth imbalance.

There is more then one. They live in lots of my neigbors garages and mine.

Mike, there's no way they're anoles. They're definitely skinks and I've seen both of them in this state.

Ozzy, racers are snakes.

Six line racers are lizards. Five line racers are skinks. Black and other color racers are snakes.
So There!
smile_n_32.gif

Yeah, well............ FINE!!!!

FINE
mad.gif

E rasers are found at the ends of pencils.

Tired racers are found at the end of every marathon.

FTG, Ozzy--------FINE!!!!!! (Don't wanna be left out!)

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>FINE!!!!</span>

Okay will check it out.

Back