What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star

My female =)
Star.jpg

That's a beautiful little girl you've got yourself there tink. How old is she?

I just love how they have cute-cartoon like faces. *lol* Not some dangerous lizard. She's around a year and 5 months. And thank you. =)

It's great isn't it? Even their little fingers look like cartoon hands.

I'll see if I can snap a few shots of my sister's leopards for you. Her's should be around 4 or 5 now. I'll get some specifics as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tink @ July 25 2005,4:58)]I just love how they have cute-cartoon like faces. *lol* Not some dangerous lizard. She's around a year and 5 months. And thank you. =)
Ah, the "terrible 2's" should be kicking in. Just wait 'til she becomes a teenager - especially 18....
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Vertigo I'd love to see some pics!

Haha, I know. Shes already fiesty. =P

Sweet, another leo person... I have a ~5-year-old male.

5 year old male? Here's one:

male-gecko-face.jpg

male-gecko-1.jpg

male-gecko-2.jpg

male-gecko-3.jpg

Here's the other 2, they're 4, male and female...both asleep:

other-young-gecko-sleeping.jpg

younger-gecko-sleeping.jpg

It's weird how mine has bigger, closer spots and brighter skin than most leos his age... he also has a shorter, more rounded snout.

Ahh the beauty of genetic selection and the laws of chaos. Gotta love it. ;)

I'm sure he'd brighten up a bit if she ever really gave him proper fluorescent lighting.
smile_n_32.gif

o_O

Aw your Leos are very cute. They look all big and proud. =D
Looks as if they are getting that milky color before a shed, maybe that is why it isn't bright. I have seen old Leos pure white with black spots that were "normal" morphs. So I guess it probably depends on lighting, diet, the gecko itself and genes.

Vertigo, leos are nocturnal.. they don't need fluorescent lights or UV rays of any kind.

Cute Gecko Tink. Owen yours looks very sinister! What with those slitted eyes,and then theres that smirking face!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

FTG,

You sure about that? I was almost positive that they still needed UVB of some sort. The larger one did just shed at any rate...though his color was brighter when I put the fluor on him.

Pondboy,

I told ya, he tries to EAT US! I swear, anyone that goes near, me, my sister, the cat...he tries to eat. ;) He spends all day stalking things on the outside of the tank to try and get at.

Yeah, I'm sure.

UVB light is good, but not nessesary. If you have that light, and you feel it's helpful then use it. They are noctunal and won't get much of it. But I heard it brings out color more and eatting habits.

It's like with frogs. It's not something you need, but extermely nice to use.

Back