Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 29 gallon

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Mar. 30 2006,1:30)]Oh God i have created a monster!!
    I only have 2 things to say:

1st- Remember the $1500.00 project you helped me design? computer topic Yes, I asked many quesitons and took much of your time. But it wasn't wasted! I did infact build the computer almost all of it off of your recomendations... So, at this point you have no reason to feel that I may just be wasting your time.

2nd-
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Mar. 28 2006,5:10)]perhaps it is time to come over to the dark side.
    REEF IT UP ANDY! ditch the fresh water planted tank, buy yourself some liverock and go for it!
    I'll totally hold your hand!
    So like it or not... You're stuck with me untill we get this thing done!!! (and forever more...) bwahahahaaaa... lol

You didn't say wether a 40 gallon tank would really make any kind of difference... so I guess probably not. I was just thinking it'd be easier to fit a sump undter a 40 gallon tank... Cause there isn't much room under my 29 gal and i'm gonna have to have or try to make something specially for it.

Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind helping at all!

Bigger is better in the reef world, bigger gets exponentially more expensive as well. if you can, go bigger, but the 40 gallon you PMed me about I would avoid, just because your inheriting whatever problems that reefkeeper that owned it had, and your going into it blind with out developing your reef husbandry skills.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How big a tank could the 250 w. MH lamp cover? I guess that's the main question...
    Cause I'm looking at buying a 60 gallon.

-Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a 60 gallon, as long as it is a cube, would be perfect for a 250 watt bulb.

If your going to buy one, then get it reef ready, with a calfo if your going to have it custom made.

instead of having a traditional overflow ni the back that looks like an upended rectangle with teeth, a calfo runs the length of the back of the tank, and is like a lip for the water to overflow, it does a superior job at skimming crap off the surface.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It wouldn't work on a 60 gallong normal, so that the main light would be in the middle then the ouside 1 ft on each side could be used for growing maybe some lower light somethign or other? (Like SPS and lps and sps and clams in the middle softies near the sides.) I never really cared for cube tanks I'm afraid... The height of them is a little threatening to me. Even on fresh water. I guess I just don't want to have ta ever reach the bottom. LOL. If it is only a 60 cube then perhaps I'll stick with somethign smaller.... But don't tell me a normal 60 is okay just cause you want me to get a bigger tank, if it won't work good.... it won't work. In which case my 29 would probly be fine since it is a 29 tall tank not a 29 short rectangle that I commonly saw at the stores today. didn't even know there was a tall version. haha

Edit: Also, the places around here have never herd of a "reef ready" tank OR a calfo... :shrug: I'm not looking at custom tanks anyway.. they're just typical tanks with stands.

-Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you don't want a cube, then the only other shapes that would be acceptable would be a hex, or perhaps a 90 corner bow-front (looks like a pie slice from the top).

I would never tell you to do something that wasn't in your best interests.

oh, on the pump questions you were asking me.

these are modifications to maxijets that seriously iprove their output in both quantity and quality. I haven't been able to find a place to buy them yet though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh. Did you see that? I htink all my drive has just driven out the window.
    Would a 10 gallon sump be good enough? or is that so small it's worthless?

-Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a 10 gallon sump on a 30 gallon tank, that's 1/3rd the volume and nothing to sneeze at.

Even better, would be a 10 gallon sump and a 10 gallon refugium.

no, it's not so small it's worthless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast