Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 29 gallon

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't that take a 20 gallon tank? This refugium thing i see is always a part of the sump system....
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, there is such thing as a detatched refugium... there are so many refugium methodologies infact it can give one a headache.

simply:

Refugium in Sump (Self explanatory)
    Detatched refugium (still in stand or other remote location, water is pumped back into tank)
    Gravity Fed Refugium - best.

Gravity Fed Refugiums are over the tank, whether in another room, the floor above the tank, a shelf, or hidden in the canopy, as long as water is pumped INTO the refugium and drains out by gravity, it's a winner.

(Because neat little creatures don't go through an impeller head before getting in your tank.)

Different types of refugium:

Pod producing - usually coarse media w/ lots of live rock rubble.
    Chetomaphora - great algae that out competes other algaes for nutrients - living filter - and does great at producing pods two. (you can do a mixture of the two)
    Cryptic Refugium (same as pod but no lights)
    Mangrove - not very effective but very cool.
    Mud bed - highly effective at denitrification - but media is expensive.

there are more.. but I just got a call.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Andy, did you ever swallow the pill and see what lays down the rabbit hole?
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOh! I LOVE saltwater! It's a hell of a low easier than freshwater planted, for me at least. It's very expensive, but well worth it!

I love the remora over the bakpak. I had a turbofloater 1000 that I really liked (especially if you pump air into the needle wheel). If you want to get a 60 long, get a MH for each 2 feet. I take that back, don't get a 60 long. Get a 90 because it has the same footprint as a 75. Or go with PC lighting. I had 440 of VHO over my 75 and it was enough for LPS and softies, but not SPS. Don't skimp on the skimmer or lighting. If you have to save to get the best, then save instead of buying what you can afford at the moment.

And don't take the petstore's advice and buy that 150 dollars Seaclone And don't get a wet/dry if you're going to have a reef!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope, remember I backed off since I knew I'd be moving soon? (which should be the end of this year)
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123