What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Fellow Reefers

Hello fellow reefers!

I have posted a few times here at terraforums and thought it was time to pop into the saltwater section and say hi.

I will give a quick rundown of our tanks. Betweeen my husband (Jeremy) and I, we have around 450 gallons worth of saltwater tanks in our home. I have a 180 gal acrylic softie tank with around 75 different kinds of soft corals, plummed into the main tank is a frag tank. Jeremy has a 180 gal main tank with 3 other tanks plummed into it, he has over 100 different kinds of SPS in his systems. We have kept reefs for around 7 years and enjoy meeting other reefers. Jeremy likes to run experiments on all the tanks and has gained a lot of knowledge about this hobby. I didnt have a whole lot to do with the reefs until Jeremy gave me one of his old 55 gal softie tanks....from that moment on I was hooked. Since then Jeremy decided he wanted to start a SPS collection so he gave me all his softies and I got to upgrade to the 180 I now have.

We also breed parrots, we have 70 parrots not counting babies, so we stay pretty busy. We have had houseplants for years but have just now began our new hobby/addiction of CPs.

I look forward to meeting you fellow reefers!
Victoria

Hi!

Am I the only one who thinks coral is REALLY easy? I had a reef and now i'm trying to do freshwater and it's really a nightmare trying to keep these plants looking good. All this chemistry and porportions are a nightmare lol.

I was mainly into LPS. I like the fatties lol. Nothing beats a nice Tridacna, either
smile.gif

Got any pics?

You'r so lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful birds!

Beautiful!

I didn't know they alowed fatback reefers on this site Victoria. lol.

When I worked for a tropical fish wolesaler, part of my responsibility was to take care of the freshwater section and also the salt. As much as I loved my guppys and such, my passion was the salt. And as much as I loved the odd fish (Blue Ribbon Eel, Angler, Dragon Wrasse,..) I really loved the invertabrates. Corals are so cool, but I had an affinity for the starfishes, like Basket, Feather, African, Linckia,....

Back