What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beyond the sea

likeAstone76

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians.......
I purchased and moved a reef tank into my apartment this weekend after a couple year break from them. I'm by far done, but it is starting to take shape.
001-2.jpg
[/IMG]
007.jpg
[/IMG]
008-1.jpg
[/IMG]
017.jpg
[/IMG]
This pack of 5 different tangs (the yellow tang is not in the picture) stalk the tank like killer whales. The sailfin is the leader.
022.jpg
[/IMG]
024.jpg
[/IMG]
026.jpg
[/IMG]
030.jpg
[/IMG]
032.jpg
[/IMG]
This is Itchy & Scratchy my clown fish. Little buggers are hard to film.
043.jpg
[/IMG]

I love the Anthias and the naso tang. How big is the tank? 180?

Why does it look so dark, is it that cloudy or gonna get more lights? Is that a hang-on overflow box I see on the back? Does it go to a tidepool unit?

Anyone who's ever tried saltwater knows it's infinitely better than freshwater. Hitchhikers from live rock ALONE are more interesting than most fresh water aquarium fish :)

Yeah, it's a 180 gallon. My first big tank. I had a fifty five gallon before, but nothing this size. It takes up most my living room. Along with my small plant section. I hope my friends don't mind folding chairs. Heh, heh. I got some good looks from the other residents in my apartment complex when they were watching my friend and I struggling to carry a buch of trash cans and containers full of salt water and live rock. Heavy son of a bucks. And the tank itself prolly weighs 300, 350 lbs by itself. I'm still recovering.

You walk into my complex at night, and it's like VIVA LAS VEGAS on account of the tank lights and my plant lights. I have small planes landing in my backyard.

All the fish are awesome, but the sailfin and blue hippo are my favorites. The three stripe damsel is hilliarious. He is a big ol' brickhouse of a fish. He might be a record.

The darkness is due to the fact I don't know how to operate a camera to save my life, and all my lights are not hooked up yet. It's not as dark in person. It's a work in progress.

The overflow box is hooked up to a 30 gal. refugium and skimer. (however you spell them).

Ya, I would have to say the pay offs and beauty is far greater in the saltwater hobby. Not that fresh is bad by any means. But I think salt is a lot more work. If you wanna actually call it work. It's therapy for me.

Back