Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: beginner salty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    soory trying to keep it small so i can keep them in my room without stress; how about a 6 or 7 gallon? i wasn't going to put all of them, but they are all small and have some if the same needs.i saw at petsloutions.com that they had a filter & protien skimmer in 1.

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you insist on having a small tank, go with 10 gallons minimum. I'm saying that for your own good... please trust me.

If you want a good filter and protein skimmer in one package go with the tunze nano reefpack 200. http://www.petstore.com/ps_ViewItem-...y-vendor-.html
    With that small of a tank though, all you need is the protein skimmer. No filter is needed if you keep up with you weekly water changes.

-Matt
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay, anybody know if there are 10 gallon "tall" tanks anywhere?

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your local pet store, they are usually a bit hard to find though.
    Why not just get a wide 10 gallon though? They are easier to find and are a lot beter for the fish, especially saltwater.

I strongly suggest joining the www.fishlore.com forums. They will tell you everything you need to know and more about saltwater tanks. You should check out the front page articles too.

Good luck and have fun! Remember to keep researching!
    -Matt
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clint: i live in a 8 x 10 room and am fine and happy. but need a bigger room!! ( make brother skip 3 grades)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about taking a 30 gallon and using a whisper 50 with a trimmed impeller it would be a mini sump full of biological media and some polishing floss.
    Maybe a 50 gallon whisper that slowed on a 10 that would help with such a small tank maybe
    My suggestion for a forum for smaller tanks is here http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize you have never left your 8 x 10 room a single time in your whole life. I guess I was wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i also want to add that most people dont take into consideration, ESPECIALLY with smaller saltwater tanks is that you have to load that sucka up with some live rock. i believe it was somewhere along the lines of 2-3 lbs/gal. if you think about the water the rock displaces in a 5 gal. tank, this leaves you with VERY little water overall, with that comes the chances of sickness and diseases spreading much faster than say a 50gal..

~b

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast