Thread: Finally ! MY AP24 with LR...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally ! MY AP24 with LR...

So I finally have a starting of a reef I got the LR from my LFS,
    the pics don't show it but it has a good amount of purple coralline
    on it along with some small feather dusters,2 shrooms(one red one pink)
    I'll keep this updated and am going to get this thing eventually packed with corals
    I'm going to add the usual easy corals that anyone can grow,my parameters are perfect since the rock was right into the bucket of SW after removal. In 3 weeks(Can't be too careful) more pics will come since I'll have a False Perc pair,a dottyback or some sort of goby maybe a clown goby(I'll research more).
    If your wondering,I've spent $500 not bad but not cheap for being 15 :P
    For equipment I am using API for my test kit,a refractometer,a stock Aquapod
    with a MJ 1200(swapped with stock) with 64 watts of PC lighting(for shrooms,softies and so on no SPS) and thats about it.
    http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...=post&id=41137
    http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...=post&id=41138
    (photobucket won't let me upload!)
    Last edited by jm82792; 06-17-2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Added pics

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good!
    Did you take those bio-balls out of the aquapod filter? Someone told me they aren't necessary in a SW setup; I think they could even be harmful since they could potentially hold onto too much biological bateria etc and screw up your parameters.
    But I'm not 100% positive, so try reseaching it first.

Have fun and good luck!
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tossed them and the sponges I have carbon and some floss I', going to take out the carbon when I get things more "stable". I will change the floss every 3 days and do 15% changes of water with matching temperature and SG. Also the bioballs are nitrate traps and I am much better off turning the back into a cheato fuge with a few chunks of LR rubble for the pods.
    Thanks for the interest

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nitrates!...They hold onto nitrates!...That's what I meant to say.

Seems like you really know your stuff, you must have done a lot of research.

Keep us updated.

Edit: I forgot to ask.... Did the 64wt lighting come with the tank?
    Are you going to use a skimmer?
    What size aquapod is that?
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lighting is stock,I am going skimmer less since I won't have a big bioload and will be doing 15% water changes,keep cheato and I want to but can't do mangroves.
    It's the 24 gallon,Dr foster and smith sells them for $180 there on sale like $60 off.
    Me research ? More like passionate forum reading,about 4 monts ago I wanted to do a Nano Reef my dad said"there for rich people" he did FO setups 25 years ago so I got a fresh water setup got bored then went back to nano-reef then bang here I am

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the carbon for? You don't have anything in there yet.

Reefs aren't for rich people. It's just a hobby. Some people are into clothes, plants, cars, computers, art, etc. They can all be very expensive or (relatively) cheap. Keyword is relatively I'm sure a lot of people would think we're all crazy for spending the amount of money we do on a single plant. My mother thinks I'm absolutely nuts. Always says "It'll just die!" and I say "They never die, and think of all the things I COULD be spending it on )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have it to catch sediment(it's in a reusable bag,I have alot of mainland carbon)(going to get floss),I'm going to rinse it off then dry it and place it in a bag. My dad was saying that in the days when nobody kept corals,they had minimal luck with them and it was "low tech" 20 years ago. MY LFS coral prices are outrageous,his fish prices are okay. I'm better off ordering online,like $30 for a frag of GSP(a very weedy coral) at my only LFS

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love nano reefs. Looks like you are off to a good start. Time to fill that baby up! What kind of corals are you interested in? Anything in particular?

"there for rich people"
    I have a 150 gallon reef/fish salty, and I am by far rich.
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast