User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just got Jellyfish How do I setup a saltwater aquarium?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got Jellyfish How do I setup a saltwater aquarium?

Here's the phone call my aunt got at 5 minutes to closing (9 PM) at her second job at Petsmart yesterday.

"Hello?
    I ordered a pair of jellyfish over the internet and they arrived sooner than I expected. So I have them here in their shipping baggie but how do I setup a saltwater aquarium to put them in?

Can I use a 1 gallon fishbowl? I had a couple goldfish once.

Do you sell Aquarium saltwater? How much longer are you open? Can I come in and have you tell me how to measure the salt and get setup for them?"

I figure those jellies are dead today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow..............just...WOW.

We used to have "The Idiot Board" at the fish and reptile shop I worked at. We wrote all the most retarded questions down on a huge white board in the office. Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is WOW.
    'Celebrate the birth of our nation by blowing a little piece of it up'.The Simpsons.
    My grow list ~http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107403

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesnt suprise me in the least.. during the super low tides here, parents would come into my Petco where I worked previously, with buckets full of starfish, jellyfish and other assorted creatures, and walk up to me with little plastic bowls or a 10gal tank and ask me how to take care of them.. just.. ugh.. "Uhh you dont. Not only is it illegal to take those without a permit, they're coldwater and require refrigeration to keep them alive.. " And Petco employees fail horribly too.. On one of my days off, had a couple that didnt really speak english come back with a dead clownfish and all of the stuff they bought the day before, livid that it had died.. They had been sold a fish bowl, and a little thing of salt.. nothing else. Yeah.. no wonder it died.. *face desk*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *facepalm*

seriously there should be licences required for some things

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am constantly amazed at the self-centered-ness of some people when it comes to their handling & caring of other life forms.
    Stupidity like this annoys me more than I can describe.
    Not only shouldn't these people have animals (OR PLANTS!), they also shouldn't be passing on their learned behavior, examples nor genes onto others!

This person (& others like them) have no respect for their environment nor the other myriad forms of life that exist. While most youngsters will learn about creatures & caring for them by risking a goldfish, guppy or other common creature when growing up, to put/allow rare & unique animals in their care is just plain irresponsible.

Other life forms that exist are NOT toys. They are NOT just "things". And most importantly, they are NOT here solely for our own pleasure & use.
    While I don't expect a young kid to realize this, once they are of teen age, they should begin to understand & respect the rights & welfare of other life forms. And certainly their parents should.
    But then, I have seen enough people do this sort of thing & have this attitude (even adults), to realize that this is the way most people are.

Sad, but not surprising.
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really dont even know what to say to this but the fact that all this just irritates me

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is horribly epic.

I saw this thread in the side bar and then saw that you created it, swords and my first thought was:

Seriously Swords doesn't already know or hasn't researched this already??
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast