Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: adnedarn's reef tank....build and progress

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wife picked out a few frags at the 4th of July sale at Fishy Bizness yesterday, 2 were open a few hours of getting them in, but this morning all 4 are.

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Picked up 3 more clowns yesterday to go along with the one that had been given to us thinking maybe they'd break off into 2 pairs or something... I did a 1 hour dip in para guard, all seemed to be doing fine except of the two we got that were out of the same tank, one of them was kinda picking on the other, so I isolated that guy into his own dip container (odd since they were in the same tank together at the store). I then acclimated them out of that into tank water and put them into a new bowl with tap water, then into the qt tank (to make sure all the para guard was rinsed off well). The light was off, but when I checked on them 3 hours later, the one that seemed to be getting picked on by his original tank mate was dead. :-\
    On the brighter side, "Spike" was given to me since he was getting picked on in his original tank. In my QT tank he always just hid under the filter, even when food is dropped in, he jumps out only a few inches to get it. If the food is further than that, he retreats and lets it fall. Now with the two new guys in, he's coming out a lot more. The three of them appear to be getting along great. Not sure if it normally takes them a while to get mad at each other or whatever, but so far so good!
    The new guys: (the one that died was a more typical coloration guy and was a tank mate of the oranger one)

Black/white guy is officialy "Omen" and no name on the other yet.
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lookin good Travis, are you going to add an anemone?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm Andrew , but yes. There will be one eventually. Gotta find one I like. Want to make sure I could keep some of this basic stuff before I made that jump.
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clownfish are protandrous (all Clownfish are male at birth) fish which don't live in pairs, but in groups. Within the group there's one female (the largest member), one reproductive male, (the second largest member) and the rest are spares. If the female dies the reproductive male changes sex and becomes female, and one of the spares is "promoted" to reproductive status.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    I'm Andrew , but yes. There will be one eventually. Gotta find one I like. Want to make sure I could keep some of this basic stuff before I made that jump.
    You should try to find one the Clownfish like! Perculas host naturally in Bubble Tips, which is a good thing, because most of the other Clown hosting species get huge. But don't be surprised if your fish prefer a coral, or even a powerhead to the anemone you introduce.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugh sorry, what's the embarrassment emoticon? do you just type mw? In any case I'm glad your reef is coming along Gary. I've never kept clowns or anemones, I was just curious. And yes, actually the "Gary" was a joke. Sorry about that Andrew, wrong forum, wrong day, wrong brain--

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, bubble tip is the plan, but IIRC there are different ones to pick from... depending on preference in appearance. My concern over my group was that one or more would be a female already since they're all separate. Especially the one I was given since it was alone in a sump for a while.

No problem Mike it's actually the word blush inside colons

edit: This one is only $350
    adnedarn's reef tank....build and progress-3-22-jpg
    Last edited by adnedarn; 07-13-2014 at 05:08 PM.
    -Andrew

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast