0 Thread(s)
    how much is a thirty gallon setup
    I love nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jmenprkr,

What do you want in it, and how much are you willing to spend?

Mike [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe about athousand dollars for something huge with coral and clown fish with inenemies and stuff like that
    a coral reactment
    i want to put it in a 100 gallon or a 85 gal hex
    how much would it be
    I love nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe about a thousand dollars for something huge with coral and clown fish with anemones and stuff like that. A coral reenactment. I want to put it in a 100 gallon or a 85 gal hex. How much would it be?[/QUOTE]

Err...Um... I think you might be able to do that for less than $1000. The lighting would probably be the most expensive part. Then the filtration and the small stuff (Meds, Test Kit, ect...) It could be done, if you shopped around and skimped on a couple things. You would really save a lot if you skimped on the lighting and got lowlight corals.

Mike [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fancy protein skimmers can be up to 1500 dollars USD [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]

Jeff Hasenflu 623N.Schenley Ave.Youngstown,Oh44509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a ten gallon is not to small i have a 6gal nano reef - two 10gals reefs - 20gal with a triggerfish and a 125gal with some puffers. some people have even gone to a 2.5gal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you're still setting up a 10 gal. or not, as I actually didn't notice this forum for months now (I know, I KNOW&#33[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img], but another option if you're wanting to keep costs down is a seahorse tank. Suprisingly, seahorses do WONDERFULLY in small tanks. I've kept them in as small as a 2 1/2 gal. tank before and they lived there for well over 2 years before I sold the setup to a friend where they are still doing well as far as I know. The advantages are you don't have to worry about quite so many factors like light.

Also, forget protein skimmers. Especially if you're using a smaller tank, you'll be changing the water out anyhow. I have never, ever used a protein skimmer in my tank. It does require an adjustment in your care, but by leaving in the impurities, you can actually benefit your tank if you do it right...not to mention saving yourself a few hundred dollars.

-Ryan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]don't mean to burst your bubble, but a 10 gallon is too small for a saltwater setup. there won't be enough room for coral, live sand, fish, protein skimmers, tidepool filters, etc, on such a small aquarium...
    Might not want to let the folks at www.nano-reef.com know that. The guys keeping 3/4 gal systems might have to question their own realities!

Do they even make tidepool filters any more?

9. Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast