Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anemonies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, sorry it took me so long to post here (haven't been able to see the topic for months!)

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    I know that if two corals get too close, they start a "war" and try to digest each other. At night they sense each other's presence somehow and the polyps come out and spew digestive juices to try and digest the other coral. Maybe they would do the same?
    This is not exactly a true statement, though it is close. Anemones will engage in chemical warfare, but I have never heard of them trying to 'ingest' one another. eventually, the anemone with the most powerful chemical emissions will win the war, which is why many reefkeepers say 'keep one type and never mix'. I would reccomend a BTA. (E. Quadricolor)

Oh, and it is always a good idea to run carbon on any tank with lots of coral of any type, they all fight, and carbon helps!
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Jim, as a matter a fact, you'd be surprised how much anemones can move! They will sometimes go around in circles all over the tank untill they find a favorable spot, but can move at wil when ever they please
    Hasn't anyone else ever seen a anemone swim? It's really quite interesting as they only have two sets of muscles which they can use to make that kind of motion. First one side contracts while the other relaxes, then it switches sides and before you know it that sucker is on the move!
    »\(║_o)/» ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen my e-quadricolor do some swimming, it is pretty cool to watch.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have seen too many L.T. and carpet anemones stay relatively stationary. The Cerianthus did seem to roam a little. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey i love fish and corals, and algue and all!!!!, IMO a rock anemone is so agrsive and have a powerfull toxin, LTA and BTA are less agresive and less toxic = ), sure acondylactys is a bad idea, they move a lot and they are not good anemones, so agresive and toxic too, i dont like have anemones, they move and atack other that are closer, sure not always a anemone htat have a year and dont hunt a prey, lost the powerfull toxin, i know a friend, he have 3 carpet anemones w corals all touching and all, look so crazy!!!!!!, each reef is diferent, im not sure if u say someting abouth but... ┐what light u have?, and ┐u have a skimmer?, sorry if i talk so much but i l˝ove tal˝k abouth fis ; ), anyting u need or anyone need just tell me i will help us, have a nice day : ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do anemonies ever eat the other fish swimming around in the tank? Also if you get a clownfish too, does it usually form that symbiosis thing where it lives with the anemonie and things like that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123