What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few of my winter dews.

Oh that was an impressive 285th post!

Such dew-envy! It makes me want to start a firey tuberous dew addiction. :p

Awesome pics! I noticed the jar of Tubifex Worm Cubes. Is this what you feed your dews - how do you use them? I have never directly fed the few dews I've owned.

WOWOWOWOW! That's all I can say!

I am very sorry for the thread-necromancy but I gotta ask the op: where did you get such a large grade silica sand???

The largest I have found was mesh 20 silica sand from pool supply store and by the time I filtered it trough a lab grade sieve I had 1/10 of a bag of sand graines mesh 20 and up left... Sand in the picture is probably closer to mesh 16.

They're so cool! I love how different they are from other dews.

WANT!

I love the drosera zonaria, anyone know where I can find one or seed for it?

Steve

I absolutely love D. Zonaria.

I absolutely love that large grained sand... anyone know where to get it in PA? I'm tired of sifting trough pool filter sand for large grains...

What are the specs you are using for you tuberous species during the growing season? Lighting, temp, humidity.. etc. etc.

I'd be interested in knowing as well!

You are not alone, lol. The first thing I said to myself was "Nice sand! And nice plant , too!"
You could try using Pyro's instructions in the sticky section, but I actually asked Mr. Lowrie the courseness of the sand over there that these plants grow in and he sent me a small sample.
It was like sugar, very much like some silica I have seen here.
But what plants are in when in situ does not necessarily work in a pot.

Cheers,

Joe

I absolutely love that large grained sand... anyone know where to get it in PA? I'm tired of sifting trough pool filter sand for large grains...

Back