What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cedar-Apple Rust

During warm rainy days in late April and early May, cedar trees infected with the cedar-apple rust fungus will develop bright orange, gelatinous galls.

From a Cedar tree next to my driveway...

IMG_3445_hf.jpg

IMG_3448_hf.jpg

Canon XSI
Helios 44-2 50mm f/2

Thanks for looking,
Av

How....ummmm...."attractive"! (fascinating, yes....in a "I don't wanna see that kind of disease in MY back yard" kinda way)

The subject itself is beautiful. Gorgeous photo as well... shouldn't you be treating it though? :)

It is harmless to the Cedar and most of my apple trees are resistant, nothing to be worried about.

:)

Would it be weird if I said that fungus looks oddly appetizing? :drool:

Man, this stuff is fascinating. Beautiful shots, too. I'm going to have to start looking into those old lenses, you're getting some absolutely spectacular shots with them. The bokeh in that first shot is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words.... it is a fascinating subject.

Kyle, the Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 is an amazing lens.... and one easily found on ebay for under 50USD

Couple more images taken that day...

IMG_3449_hf.jpg

IMG_3454_hf.jpg

The Helios is bokeh-tastic :)

Butch

Last edited:
Would it be weird if I said that fungus looks oddly appetizing? :drool:

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe put on top of some pasta or sauteed with some butter or garlic:-D

Great pictures!

Back