What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping Pings

Hi,

I tried searching but maybe I'm not using the right keywords...

I was wondering what the best way to ship pings is? I've had some success and some unsuccessful trades and would love to learn any tips or suggestions that have worked for you guys...

The shipping is for trade purposes, just small rooted plants. And I will be shipping through USPS.

Plastic portion cups with moist lfs seem to work very well for me. Definitely the best way to keep the Mexican species from exploding during transit.

When I was thinking of ways to ship, I totally had spaced on this method! I've used it twice before and it was successful, I mean the plants arrived alive, and I think they still are? Heh.. I even attached tiny LED lights to the top of the cup, but no one seemed to care or notice a difference when they received the plant.

I tried to ship in a plastic tubberware with sphagnum but I left the moss too wet and it just killed the plant along the way. I've also seen one person send with barely moist sphagnum completely surrounding the plant and then it was wrapped in newspaper, but that one didn't survive for me. Might of been my fault trying to transition it into my terrarium too fast tho...

Hmm...

Perhaps I'll have to give your method a go again!

I think time of year is important. I find that shipping during dormancy is more successful than the middle of the growth period when the leaves are most brittle.

I cut up paper towels into squares and wrap the plants or leaves in them. I was taught to ship them 'dry'.

Back