What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few new wee ones

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
Went to a herp show last weekend mainly to get out of the apt. Wound up coming home with a few new additions ... nice part was only paid for one of them.

Rhysida longipes: a moderate sized pede as an adult. Has blue highlights. Unfortunately, like most creatures, it isn't big on sitting out in plain view. This was the only purchase I made at the show.

For the freebies, got a couple widow slings and an Avicularia versicolor sling. The versicolor was being particularly stubborn with regards to not allowing its picture to be take at this time. But here's one of the widow slings (entire legspan is maybe 0.5cm).

Last edited:
I can understand keeping T's, but why widows?

They have a beauty all their own as well. ;)

Love that centipede. That's a cute little widow, what species is, it if you know?

I hope your little versi sling calms down enough for a picture. :spider:

There is nothing more that I fear than Centipedes. :ohno:

Still pretty cool though. Is this one venomous?

They have a beauty all their own as well. ;)

Agreed. I keep widows from time to time if I can find them outside. I usually let them go again either when they make an egg-sac or around late summer, whichever comes first.

That's a cute little widow, what species is, it if you know?

Not sure, Bio. I think it they are L. mactans but will have to wait until the next time I hit the herp show to confirm.

There is nothing more that I fear than Centipedes. :ohno:

Still pretty cool though. Is this one venomous?

To the best of my knowledge, all centipedes are venomous. The venom from this one is not terribly serious though.

Back