What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ps3isawesome's photo thread

Ps3isawesome's photo thread (Updated 3/11/2016)

I have an urge to share and want to consolidate this type of posts.

I'm very happy with my set up so I've decided to stick to this for a while or at least until Summer comes.

I am now able to drop the night time temperature in the HL terrarium down to 54 from 77 with an average of 67.

The outdoor set up has worked really well too.

Future updates to come.

IMG_2771_zpsf0443153.jpg

IMG_2778_zpsce156575.jpg

IMG_2773_zps7afc8c77.jpg

IMG_2774_zpsbc4a7d22.jpg

Last edited:
How are you dropping your HL temperatures if you dont mind me asking?

Great plants!

Thank you ^_^

I close the door and open the window to this room around 8PM. I then close the window before I go to bed. The door stays closed the whole time so the heater don't get in there.

I'd leave the window open through out the night but my alarm system requires that window closed so........ men. Other wise, it'll prob go down even further.

But the cold air is enough to cool this room down to the 50's.

Thank you ^_^

I close the door and open the window to this room around 8PM. I then close the window before I go to bed. The door stays closed the whole time so the heater don't get in there.

I'd leave the window open through out the night but my alarm system requires that window closed so........ men. Other wise, it'll prob go down even further.

But the cold air is enough to cool this room down to the 50's.

I want to try that, but my tent is right up against the window so I cant open it without moving the whole tent xD When I get growlights and move the tent, Ill give that a shot!

Its worth noting that wont work in summer though.

Last edited:
Looking good! What ping is that in the front left? Next to the white pot.

thanks base drifter, it's pinguicula laueana

What species of Nepenthes is that very dark red one in your terrarium? Closest to the glass.

Last edited:
the one that's next to the Heliamphora is a Nepenthes veitchii x platychila

It has awesome foilage!

it's a tough little grower. I threw it outside during summer (high 90s and humidity in the low 20s) and it produced new pitchers. But it's def liking this home better.

Just wanted to update on some of my plants. Hope everyone enjoy. This is prob less than 1/2 of my collection. I got tired of taking pictures........ ^_^

Some of this plants were just ravaged by a recent California rain, so there's still recovering.

King Henry - The traps near the soil is super cute
IMG_2863_zps4c77a3d7.jpg

S. 'Judith Hindle' = my very first Sarracenia
IMG_2861_zps4e8fc5c1.jpg

S. 'Adrian Slack' x 'Judith Hindle' - Luckily it produced one trap and a new division at the bottom.
IMG_2860_zps2876ac47.jpg

S. catesbaei "Sunrise" x flava var. rugelii - the name could be wrong because I won this from my first giveaway. This plant got invaded by ants and the S. won
IMG_2859_zps0cdc5e91.jpg

Sarracenia mysterious random seedlings
IMG_2862_zpsa2de805d.jpg

D. venusta - From a giveaway, glad it's giving me tons of seeds and new growth points. I think flowering took much of its energy and now that it's stopped, it's resuming growth
IMG_2853_zpsaabecfcb.jpg

IMG_2854_zpsc4bdd2bf.jpg

D. aliciae - It was pretty much dead for the first 2 months. It's coming back strong with tons of D. capensis around the pot.
IMG_2855_zpsff1d0aaa.jpg

D. hamiltonii - This little guy has doubled in size after I sprinkled close to dead ants from the Sarracenia pitchers
IMG_2856_zps77f3c2a7.jpg

D. capensis "Alba" and regular seedlings - Giveaway from Victoria and it's my "coral reef" pot
IMG_2857_zpse2f400d4.jpg

D. capensis and red - the white background was a mistake since you can't really see the dew, oh well
IMG_2858_zpscbf49bad.jpg

H. heterodoxa - Very first new pitcher
IMG_2864_zps7df2e185.jpg

P. 'Tina' - the new pink is really pretty
IMG_2847_zpscf14fb17.jpg

P. 'Pirouette' - It's really amazing how pings change color in winter, love the pink though
IMG_2846_zpse701ef7a.jpg

P. laueana - the leafs are finally cleaner now that it's moved inside
IMG_2845_zps6d4453b4.jpg

N. veitchii x platychila - the biggest pitcher grew when this plant was outside
IMG_2841_zpsa5a88e50.jpg

N. "Caesarion" - it came with the smaller pitcher, the other pitchers developed inside the terrarium and on a windowsill.
IMG_2840_zpseb5cd4f4.jpg

N. muluensis x lowii - this plant was really cute because the tendril buried itself inside the sphagnum when it was outdoors and it developed this beautiful pitcher
IMG_2836_zpsfc2ce0e0.jpg

IMG_2839_zps42528fbe.jpg

N. talangensis - it never developed a pitcher outdoors, and now that it's inside a terrarium 4 new growth point has developed ^_^
IMG_2831_zps2090ac8a.jpg

IMG_2829_zpsed662b1b.jpg

N. maxima x spectabilis - This is my strongest growing smaller size Nepenthes
IMG_2828_zpsb0898464.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice collection and photos! I wish I could stop obsessing over Sarracenia long enough to broaden the species I collect a lil. N. maxima x spectabilis is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a promise back in Nov that I'll buy plants again only if I survive this winter and next summer. I kind of under estimated the amount of work and time in the beginning. I thought of focusing on specific species but just couldn't resist on seeing how other CPlants trap insects

Well.... most of my Sarracenias, Flytraps, and some other sundews are in dormancy. I posted my pings, helis, and some more Nepenthes last time so I'll focus on my other plants this time. My cephalotus is making a recovery so it'll be shown next time but it's doing amazing.

Nepenthes Caesarion - Since arrival, it's produced two new pitchers. The third one is quite a size jump compared to the other two
IMG_2991_zps0edbb8e0.jpg

Nepenthes Veitchii x Platychila - This was one of the plants that was also fed with ants when outside. I really like the spikes and coloring on its newest pitcher.
IMG_3003_zps415a54d1.jpg

nepenthes Talangensis - This are my first pitchers, it gave me two at a time with two more on the way. The pitchers are tubby and running with nectar.
IMG_3004_zps55ebd9c9.jpg

IMG_3006_zps78cf18c7.jpg

IMG_3007_zps759886de.jpg

Drosera Binata - I won this from a giveaway. It came with only a few growth points and it's exploded as expected. Plenty of little tiny new growths too!
IMG_3012_zpsd4e8a3e0.jpg

IMG_3015_zpsbd360523.jpg

Drosera Capensis red - It's gotten a lot taller since I got it. Hopefully it flowers soon
IMG_3018_zpsef9f6338.jpg

Drosera Capensis - My first Drosera, rescued from local nursery and it was completely dying. Now it's made a HUGE comeback. Second flower stalk is here
IMG_3046_zps644e8b4c.jpg

Drosera Spatulata - It's really cute how they clump together.
IMG_3044_zpsf2336366.jpg

Drosera Aliciae - I counted 9 capensis seedlings. This plant has also made a huge recovery. It was burnt for a while.
IMG_3035_zps4a282ffb.jpg

IMG_3043_zps2950888b.jpg

Drosera Venusta - Not only is this plant giving me two new little plants, it's flowering AGAIN!!! It can't stop!
IMG_3023_zps419f0e4d.jpg

IMG_3024_zps09b53d5e.jpg

Well, ya know, school's still in break so I spend more time with the plants. I trimmed and fed my plants. So I thought I'd take some pictures

Red Sawtooth - Well, I hope it gets bigger next year but I think it's a slow grower
IMG_0057_zps10fb3672.jpg

Unknown from Lowes - This one has blew up like crazy. The amount of little traps is so cute
IMG_0058_zps760a65f6.jpg

B52 - Brought this back with me from a local nursery in October. Hasn't grew much at all.
IMG_0059_zpsfb7fe7aa.jpg

Cobra Lily - Bought this from eBay seller a couple of months ago. Hasn't produced new pitcher but I'm very excited about next year ^_^
IMG_0060_zps491a3ff4.jpg

Cobra Lily - Well bought this from local nursery in Sept and only grew two new pitchers. I hope it's doing okay....
IMG_0062_zps391c78d7.jpg

D.Capensis - I suspected this but I bought sphagnum moss that came with two Capensis. This i guess is the remaining roots I left in there.
IMG_0064_zps8ac4533c.jpg

D.Hamiltoni - I gave up on this dried plant when I received it and tossed it in my moss. It made a come back
IMG_0066_zps5beba445.jpg

D.Tracyi - Another prized jewel from local nursery that is now resting. Still beautiful nonetheless
IMG_0067_zps683aced1.jpg

Drosera unknonw - This plant came with eBay seller's cobra lily. It was really cute and it's sleeping now
IMG_0068_zps5753e395.jpg

D.Intermedia capillaris - Another from local nursery, three to be exact. Though I think my two other Drosera flower stalk's seed flew on to this pot
IMG_0069_zps1698f562.jpg

S. Purpurea ssp Purpurea f. heterophylla from online retailer - I mean this plant was HUGE when I got it and the pitchers just seems to never die. They last for SO LONG.
IMG_0071_zps2a2193b7.jpg

My outdoor tray
IMG_0070_zpseba16d6b.jpg

Your unknown Drosera is D. rotundifolia.

Well, it's been almost two months since I did my last update so here Ya'll go!

Heliamphora Heterodexa - Newest pitcher and the biggest, it jumped quite in size
IMG_0265_zps1xj6unxz.jpg

Darlington Californica - From Phill and since I got it back in October, it's finally putting out two new growth points!
IMG_0422_zpstlhiwv5e.jpg

N. robcantleyi x hamata - Newest addition to the family from ***************
IMG_0405_zpsefxkgp0j.jpg

N. Caesarion - Another jump in size, not much difference in looks but optimistic
IMG_0433_zps3eqo4a6h.jpg

N. Talangensis - After this pitcher, it's there two growth points didn't make it, hopefully it's still okay
IMG_0149_zpsylyz3smf.jpg

N. Mulensis x Lowii - Hopefully this cross will carry over the special Lowii lid
IMG_0417_zps4r4q8zet.jpg

N. Veitchii x Platychila - Crazy jump in size and I am loving the leopard-ish print on this one
IMG_0346_zps2zbwure3.jpg

N. Maxima x Spectabilis - My biggest and fastest grower
IMG_0322_zps9ucbnyme.jpg

P. Pirouette - This little guy has changed so much and hopefully it'll wake up soon and put out new leafs
IMG_0382_zpsadvnfybl.jpg

Pings leaf pulling!
IMG_0420_zpsxjdgmadw.jpg

D.King Henry - My first flytrap and it's turned into two plants!
IMG_0426_zps1zy2sjol.jpg

D.Red Sawtooth - Not too much growth in size but def an improvement in quantity
IMG_0424_zpsm5x9xkqc.jpg

D. death cube rescue - Can't wait to see how this one looks when it puts out longer traps
IMG_0425_zps2g01khwk.jpg

A mix of Adrian Slack x Judith Hindle , Leucophylla var Alba Hurricane Creek White Baldwin Co., and Judith Hindle
IMG_0430_zpsfgasvz9e.jpg

All 5 Sarracenia mixes from giveaways
IMG_0429_zpsnbhuy9mz.jpg

D. Venusta - This is growing like cray cray
IMG_0376_zpsm48flcd6.jpg

D. Binata - It's putting new leafs that forks into 3 or 4 rather than just two
IMG_0377_zpsmssosai7.jpg

D. Capensis - Wouldn't stop flowering
IMG_0112_zps93biula0.jpg

D. Tracyi - The first to wake up and put out flower
IMG_0387_zpse0atbc17.jpg

D. Spatulata - This one is finally looking better after winter, it's even put out new divisions
IMG_0428_zpsikr1fzyz.jpg

D.Intermedia capillaris - This three woke up a few days ago and it's looking really good
IMG_0427_zpsikrq8qxl.jpg

D. Capensis and Alba - Growing like crazy
IMG_0431_zpsctl48ddh.jpg

D. Unknown seedling - My first attempt and it was a success, I didn't label it!
IMG_0421_zpsfpuqxfuk.jpg

Very nice! Everything is looking great.

Thanks Dexenthes!!!! Super happy that all of them made it through winter!

In August, it will be my second year of growing cps and I can't wait to see how big they're gonna get!

Here's my outdoor collection waking up from dormancy

My drosera collection that I've moved outside

Here are my indoor pings and I also repotted them into an all mineral mix to see if it'd help them grow.

My ceph that got attacked by powder mildew and has since recovered nicely.

Here is my indoor nepenthes

Back