What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got a new pet lol

If I had to guess I'd say Polypedates Leucomystax. Used to have one myself and he was a great pet.

300px-Polyp_leucom_M_050408_041_ipb.jpg

Last edited:
Looks close Eric did he turn green

Definitely not a Polypedates species. I'm sticking with the Hyla genus until I can see a more definitive photo. The head is much too blunt and the general morphology is off to be any Polypedates. This doesn't look like any native U.S. species. My guess is either a natural hybrid of 2 native species (which does happen and has been well recorded in Florida with Hyla andersonii, H.cinerea and H.femoralis) or another new invasive species. Now I'm very curious to see how this animal progresses.

Well we got krickets for it not shore on the sex and it's been eating I think it's eat 3 of them

Here's the best picture yet

Well everyone I think goods is right I think it's a juvenile Cuban tree frog

Wouldn't be surprising, Cuban tree frogs are incredibly invasive in much of FL right now...

Once the weather warms up you can expand its diet. Frogs in general are not picky about food. If it moves and is small enough to swallow whole, it's food. I used to keep Anoles in a cage with 1/4" mesh screen on top. On nice days I put the cage outside and put a piece of fruit in the cage to attract flies.

Back