What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The only dew I grow: D. falconeri

Just finished placing this in a new pot and thought I'd share.

I'd love to see your guy's D. falconeri, Its my favorite species of drosera.

thanks,
Jess

Looking good! I'm really fascinated by the looks of D.Falconeri, hope to get one soon

Same, I have Lanata, Ordensis, Derbyensis, and seeds for other petiolaris dews, including Falconeri hybrids, but a D. Falconeri seems to be a ***** to acquire. (For under $50.00 anyway). I sort of find it funny that people go so crazy for it mostly because of the leaf shape which to me is very similar to D. Prolifera.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like the color and hope to get one some day myself. Looks great! Thanks for sharing

Thanks guys!

I'll have to post an update shot at the end of the month its been really growing nicely the last few weeks.

Is that water or dew?

A very nice-looking D. falconeri! I find this species to be enjoyable to grow and unique in some subtle ways. It has very small tentacles but lots of them.

Thanks BlueMax!

I like how the tentacles on the distal edges of each leaf are longer, and then on the top they're like stubble. Also when it catches prey it slowly folds and rolls its leaf pad around it, I'll have to get a shot of that as well, its pretty cool. Thats not dew on the leaves, its water. I just placed it in a larger pot and used a mister to clean the leaves of the substrate I inadvertently got on the sticky leaves.

I've not tried it on this plant but has anyone thats grown these propagated them by leaf pulling? if so using just the standard leaf pull technique?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info kula that would do well with my D. Petioles cause it loves the high heat and humidity aswell. Much easier them making a new make shift area like for my HL neps. Its funny how the LLs used to be in that area and now i had to put the HL in that area since this crazy great wave this year and use it for lower temps then i did my LLs lol!

What a beauty! What I do is pull a clump of leaves and place them in the media. A few weeks later they strike.

Looks like you'll be having some trade bait their soon Flip!
Im drooling already thinking about the VFTs u have that i don't have yet now i gatta add this to my drool list of plants u have! Lol

*Jim u must have a bunch of awsome dew umm surprised I haven't seen to many photo threads of your plants i kno u have a bunch of great pings from our trade! But i would love to see your other stuff too someday :)

Back