What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes the GREAT picture thread!

N. Trusmadiensis never disappoints.
trusmadiensis-dec1.jpg

N. Briggsiana, probably the Pete D'Amato clone:
briggsiana.jpg

N. bongso is visible in the lower left corner, and N. tenuis at upper left as well. There is also a group of seedlings: N. (ventricosa X spectabilis) X tenuis

Paul you beat me to it! I was planning on doing the reverse cross, Tenuis x (vent x spect), any chance of seeing a close up of the seedlings? How old is the cross and how many came up?

Paul you beat me to it! I was planning on doing the reverse cross, Tenuis x (vent x spect), any chance of seeing a close up of the seedlings? How old is the cross and how many came up?

I can get some photos for you, sure. The larger seedlings have made pitchers just over an inch tall and they display clear, distinct striping on the peristome, which is exciting to imagine as an adult plant. I have to look at the tag to see when I made the cross, but I expect it was 18-24 months ago. I currently have about 12 plants, and I have given a couple of friends a plant to try, so there were probably 18 or 19 in total. Its a very vigorous, easy plant, so far. I wonder how its going to look as it matures!?

Marc,
Here is an example of what these look like so far - this pitcher is about 1.25" tall:
spect-vent-tenuis.jpg

Nepenthes bongso, seed grown, 2012 sowing.
bongso-dec14.jpg

Marc,
Here is an example of what these look like so far - this pitcher is about 1.25" tall:
spect-vent-tenuis.jpg

Too much potential! will be interesting to see the variation in the remaining 12 seedlings

Too much potential! will be interesting to see the variation in the remaining 12 seedlings

Ought to be a fun bunch, I think! The rest are not as advanced and aren't showing a lot of character yet. I will post pics as they mature. :)

My N. villosa :)

villosa_dec2014.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Av

Very nice, Butch. For a minute there, I thought this was Paul's thread.

Looking good, Butch. My BE clone is a bit older, but I suspect yours may pass it up soon, with your more stable growing environment.

1_zpsfbbbec84.jpg

Wow so impressive to see N. villosa of that size on this side of the Atlantic finally!

Last edited by a moderator:
youre gonna give mine an inferiority complex :p

LOLOL, outstanding my friend!

Looking good, Butch. My BE clone is a bit older, but I suspect yours may pass it up soon, with your more stable growing environment.

1_zpsfbbbec84.jpg
Really nice, mind if I ask what temps and humidity you are giving your plants?

Really nice, mind if I ask what temps and humidity you are giving your plants?

Nights in the 50s and 70s daytime - RH 70 to 90+%

N. veitchii (m) - seedling form EP:

1_zps191b2a22.jpg

Cheers!

Back