User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Drosera aliciae, very intresting experience

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier this year, I bought a P.primuliflora and it came with a D.aliciae whichw as growing in live spaghnum in the same area as the ping was. I put the pot in full sun and filled a container with water and placed the pot inside, it was full almost to the brim. I was expectign for the primuliflora to thrive, as I read ont he very same day that pingman has great sucess with primuliflora in full sun and with a very high water table at the same time. I was expecting the drosera to die as it got scorched by morning sun when it was in a shallow water tray. But to my amazement,t he D.aliciae lived, and it started growing like mad: It never grew like this before!
    Does anyone else have a similar experience?
    Dino
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my small experience with D. aliciae I've found that they are very fast growing plants if you give them the right conditions. One of my Alice Sundews puts out a new leaf just about every day, which is pretty astounding in CP terms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awkward, when i place the adelae in full sun it dies back and returns as small tinny baby offshoots
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're talking about D. aliciae, not D. adelae [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

No big deal though. Now that you mention it, my D. adelae plants seem to enjoy lots of light but really dislike higher temperatures. Just like yours, if I put them in a place that gets a lot of light but high temps, the mother plant will basically die and be replaced by lots of plantlets.