What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera aliciae, very intresting experience

Earlier this year, I bought a P.primuliflora and it came with a D.aliciae whichw as growing in live spaghnum in the same area as the ping was. I put the pot in full sun and filled a container with water and placed the pot inside, it was full almost to the brim. I was expectign for the primuliflora to thrive, as I read ont he very same day that pingman has great sucess with primuliflora in full sun and with a very high water table at the same time. I was expecting the drosera to die as it got scorched by morning sun when it was in a shallow water tray. But to my amazement,t he D.aliciae lived, and it started growing like mad: It never grew like this before!
Does anyone else have a similar experience?
Dino

In my small experience with D. aliciae I've found that they are very fast growing plants if you give them the right conditions. One of my Alice Sundews puts out a new leaf just about every day, which is pretty astounding in CP terms.

awkward, when i place the adelae in full sun it dies back and returns as small tinny baby offshoots

We're talking about D. aliciae, not D. adelae
smile_n_32.gif

No big deal though. Now that you mention it, my D. adelae plants seem to enjoy lots of light but really dislike higher temperatures. Just like yours, if I put them in a place that gets a lot of light but high temps, the mother plant will basically die and be replaced by lots of plantlets.

Back