What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. venusta "coccicaulis"

I recieved some D. venusta "coccicaulis" seeds from a very kind PFT moderator in July 2004. The plants have since germinated and done very well. I'm pleased to report that they do form plantlets from leaf cuttings floating in RO water under fluorescent lighting. Not a fast method of propogation, since it took almost 2 months to form plantlets. Nonetheless, its worth it! Here's a picture of mature plants.

venustapft.jpg

-Homer

Very nice Homer!

Jerry

I like how you used the name-though some would frown on it, it allows me to know exactly which plant you are talking about(I had one back in the early nineties).
Gorgeous sundew.

Cheers,

Joe

Very nice looking plant!

Thanks everyone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I like how you used the name-though some would frown on it

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here Joe. The seeds were labeled in this manner when I got them. Is it the quotation marks around the name ?
confused.gif

Homer

Beautiful plants Homer. So did it only take three months for those seedlings to mature?

EDIT: Now I see that you got the seeds in July of 2004, not 2005. My mistake. I was going to say, those were very quick to mature!

They did take quite some time for the seeds to grow into mature plants, no doubt about that.

Back