User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will root cuttings from tropical sundews work?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, the 6 pots to the left all came from one clump from a $3 purchase. Within a few months of purchase, and spooning plantslets from the perimeter, I was able to gain 5 more pots of them, while the original pot hasn't changed its girth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My root cuttings for my multifida extrema still haven't produced any plantlets. Is it the same as leaf cuttings, just lay them on the soil horzontially or do I have to bury them and will water propagation work. I think the roots were healthy, they were white on the inside and I curt them into 1-2 inch segments.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had success by laying them flat, dew side up, on wet soil media (covered) as well as putting leaves in capped 50 ml centrifuge tubes, filled with DI water. I haven't cut them into segments, but others do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, for one reason or another, the water method hasn't worked for me. I get better results putting leaf cuttings on top of wet soil media and covering the ends only. I have D. madagascariensis, D. admiriabilis, D. slackii, D. rotundifolia, and D. spatulata x capensis currenlty successfully rooting this way.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never got any results from leaf cuttings with drosera, only with pings. Even though I only have one ping techinally :P. My drosera leaf cuttings always seem to turn brown and i put little bits of lfs or perlite rocks to hold it down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12