What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forked leaf sundew madness!

CoolBinata.jpg

My D. binata multifida var. extrema

Just thought I'd share  
smile.gif

woooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (7santiago @ Oct. 30 2005,12:16)]woooooooooooooooooooooooooow!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I gota agree WOOOOOOOOWWEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
So beautiful love the dews!! There both, not just the one but both that are in the pic are STUNNING!!!!!
Thank you for sharing LLeopardGGecko, splendid pic i cant get over how pretty red that one is... WOW!!!!

These look really, really nice! I've never tried to grow sundews, but if I ever do, I hope mine will grow as nice as these ones. =]

Thanks for all the great comments so far guys!

Just so you all know, I resized the image for better viewing.

Nice LleopardGGecko!!! I have one of these a bit smaller than yours growing outdoors. So far, it's taking the cooler weather better than the dichotoma 'Giant' that is growing next to it. It seems to be a good, hardy grower. Yours is awesome!!!

Capslock

It has a Halloween cobweb look to it. Nicely done!

I will be lucky if my extrema even unfurls a leaf successfully without randomly dying.

Hi,
does this plant produce off shoots from roots? If not in what other way does it propagate itself (ie not artificial)
beautiful plant btw
smile.gif

Thanks

Yes, it does produce offshoots from its roots. That plant has about three other plants growing off of it, ranging in size from very small to just as big as the mother plant.

Thanks for the kind words!

And here's what it looks like when it flowers:

s_Wed_084.sized.jpg

I thought letting it flower is useless, since it doesn't produce seed or has to be selfed with another clone?

Yup, ya have do selfing with a clone - but who needs that when you do leaf cuttings?

Ewwwwwwwwwww! hehe...that's a compliment.
biggrin.gif
Nothing like an entangled mess o' sticky binata branches. That's a beautiful plant!

Hahaha, "ewwwwwwww" is right! This plant produces so much goo...It's ridiculous
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Nov. 03 2005,10:04)]Yup, ya have do selfing with a clone - but who needs that when you do leaf cuttings?
I got viable seeds from mine this year by selfing.

As Jim said, leaf cuttings are the simplest way to clone them. Just chop up a leaf into 2 inch segments, drop in a glass of pure water and put under the growlights. In a couple weeks you will have tons of sprouts just waiting to be potted up.

Very nice pic LLeopardGGecko. Gotta love all that dew its showing off.

Good luck
Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Nov. 05 2005,2:04)]I got viable seeds from mine this year by selfing.

As Jim said, leaf cuttings are the simplest way to clone them. Just chop up a leaf into 2 inch segments, drop in a glass of pure water and put under the growlights. In a couple weeks you will have tons of sprouts just waiting to be potted up.

Very nice pic LLeopardGGecko. Gotta love all that dew its showing off.

Good luck
Steve
Hi,
really that easy? I thought it had to be done like the VFT way... And how high is the success rate?
This works for all D. binata var. right?
( I am preparing my scissors!)
smile.gif

THanks

Having placed a leaf cuttings in capped 50 ml centrifuge tube, filled with DI water, I counted 15-20 sprouts. That's 15-20 new plants from one leaf!

Back