Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Couple dew pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, here are a couple pics. First, my D. regia which loves hanging out with highland neps:

And here's a pot where I put a leaf cutting of D. madagascariensis and a D. tokaiensis. The other dews are D. dielsiana that appeared when a flower stalk got nearby. I have D. dielsiana EVERYWHERE.

Also readily apparent is the green carpet moss that invades any peat mix I make. I don't really mind it, nor do the plants, but it invades everything.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah.... regia! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, amazing looking sundews Capslock. I especially love the D. regia! I just got one the other day and it's still very young. Hopefully it'll get to be as big as yours someday! What size pot do you have yours in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! It's a four-inch pot only half-filled with old media. It's just what it came in. I literally do nothing but water it. I'm going to repot it soon, though, and try some root cuttings.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic! The one I got off ebay should be that size soon. I can't wait [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Nov. 10 2005,1:31)]I'm going to repot it soon, though, and try some root cuttings.
    For me, D. regia does best in a 8- or 10-inch pot with an open soil mix. I generally use a 60/40 sphagnum peat/perlite mix (more or less). Root cuttings work well. Take the fleshy ones that tend to wrap around the pot, but be careful to not whack the main root to the parent plant.

After my plant flowered this summer, the main top died back a bit and divided into several plants. It also spontaneously began to put out sprouts from roots. These were very easy to cut from the root and transplant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That regia looks like it might want to eat its Nep-neighbour Max! Wonderful pic of a great plant, and likewise to BobZ!

Cheers

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap, that's tight [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] ! Got plants comin out the freakin drain holes! I've only known D. adelae to do that.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast